Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Anytime

It's great, really nice place to live, friendly, inviting, safe, quiet... Some downsides, obviously, a lack of nightlife in some spots, awkward to get around without a car, quiet [works both ways].

But it's definitely home, always will be
    Sounds pretty good then. I'm supposed to be visiting my brother at some point but only if there aren't too many vampires:p:
    In a way, lack of nightlife isn't so bad...in the small town where I live , if you go out locally you end up at the one place everyone goes to, and you see everyone you ever went to school with/dated/worked with etc which has it's good and bad points. It's nice to see people, but then being stuck with school type stereotypes is a bit rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coy Girl)
    Sounds pretty good then. I'm supposed to be visiting my brother at some point but only if there aren't too many vampires:p:
    In a way, lack of nightlife isn't so bad...in the small town where I live , if you go out locally you end up at the one place everyone goes to, and you see everyone you ever went to school with/dated/worked with etc which has it's good and bad points. It's nice to see people, but then being stuck with school type stereotypes is a bit rubbish.
    Can be like that in York at times, but with 50,000 students here as well there's a decent amount of variation should you want it.

No vampires these days, just kippers and an Abbey :p:

Anyway, bed time for me. At work for 8 tomorrow

Good talking to you Night!

ReputationRep:
    You too. I've just remembered I have work at 8.30 aswell.
    Goodnight! x

ReputationRep:
    wowwww it got busy tonight

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Anyone still around?

ReputationRep:
    me!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lauraaaaaaaaaaa! Hows you?

ReputationRep:
    i'm an little bit tipsy :p: you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm around and about! :p:

Watcha'll up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    I'm around and about! :p:

Watcha'll up to?
    I'm eating Ben and Jerry's and writing an essay about the Dynamics of Personality ... what you doing up at this odd time of the night? :p:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    I'm eating Ben and Jerry's and writing an essay about the Dynamics of Personality ... what you doing up at this odd time of the night? :p:
    How are you still up?! Lol :p:

I've been browsing the web.. Well i got back from work at midnight and was wellll ill so i had some toast and then relaxed on the sofa and then all the girls came in hammered from their night out and one of em was throwin up which made me feel sick again lol.. but now i'm fine

Been trying to sort my life out tonight :p: fun stuff!!

So yeah, why u awake?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    How are you still up?! Lol :p:

I've been browsing the web.. Well i got back from work at midnight and was wellll ill so i had some toast and then relaxed on the sofa and then all the girls came in hammered from their night out and one of em was throwin up which made me feel sick again lol.. but now i'm fine

Been trying to sort my life out tonight :p: fun stuff!!

So yeah, why u awake?! :eek:
    I'm still up because I'm ill and have therefore been sleeping most of the day ... plus I have a tutorial at 9 so I'm not going to bed now. :p:

Being ill sucks .... at least your better now though. There's nothing worse than people throwing up when they're drunk ... I hope they cleaned it up and didn't leave it all up to you.

Sorting your life out? sounds like a rather serious way to spend the evening. :p:

You seem alarmed at me being awake ... would you rather I was asleep or something?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still up because I'm ill and have therefore been sleeping most of the day ... plus I have a tutorial at 9 so I'm not going to bed now. :p:

Being ill sucks .... at least your better now though. There's nothing worse than people throwing up when they're drunk ... I hope they cleaned it up and didn't leave it all up to you.

Sorting your life out? sounds like a rather serious way to spend the evening. :p:

You seem alarmed at me being awake ... would you rather I was asleep or something?
    It's just rather early to be awake that's all :p:

Lol sorting your life out is a serious way to spend an evening.. yet a lot of fun! I need some sort of plan because i aint getting any younger and i still don't have a clue what i wanna do!

Mmm i rather expected it to be light outside when i opened my curtains!!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It's just rather early to be awake that's all :p:

Lol sorting your life out is a serious way to spend an evening.. yet a lot of fun! I need some sort of plan because i aint getting any younger and i still don't have a clue what i wanna do!

Mmm i rather expected it to be light outside when i opened my curtains!!! :cool:
    It is quite early to be awake, or quite late to be up, depending on which way you look at it ... the two days have sort of blurred together now. I just badly cut myself while shaving too ... great way to start off the day

People at uni aren't supposed to have any clue what they want to do until they come out!

my curtains have been open all night so I can enjoy the lovely night-time view of Birmingham City Centre while I work. It's starting to get light at last yey!

ReputationRep:
    It is quite early to be awake, or quite late to be up, depending on which way you look at it ... the two days have sort of blurred together now. I just badly cut myself while shaving too ... great way to start off the day

People at uni aren't supposed to have any clue what they want to do until they come out!

my curtains have been open all night so I can enjoy the lovely night-time view of Birmingham City Centre while I work. It's starting to get light at last yey!
    Arww i did that and then stupidly put deoderant on without thinking and my god it bloodi hurts!

:p:

Lol but the problem is, that uni isn't exactly making me happy.. :o: Long story. I'll save that for another time

Brummmmm

ReputationRep:
    Arww i did that and then stupidly put deoderant on without thinking and my god it bloodi hurts!

:p:

Lol but the problem is, that uni isn't exactly making me happy.. :o: Long story. I'll save that for another time

Brummmmm
    I can imagine that would hurt quite a bit ... I've been in the shower and that doesnt seem to be helping, I have about an hour before I have to go to a tutorial with blood gushing out of my face yey :o:

Brummmmmmm is awesome .. currently watching the early morning work starting on the building site outside. Looks nice from the 12th floor hehe

:console: ... uni should be making you happy. Perhaps you need to see your tutor and change courses if your not enjoying the course anymore? I'm sure they'll let you transfer if you've got enough module credits or whatever they're called.

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine that would hurt quite a bit ... I've been in the shower and that doesnt seem to be helping, I have about an hour before I have to go to a tutorial with blood gushing out of my face yey :o:

Brummmmmmm is awesome .. currently watching the early morning work starting on the building site outside. Looks nice from the 12th floor hehe

:console: ... uni should be making you happy. Perhaps you need to see your tutor and change courses if your not enjoying the course anymore? I'm sure they'll let you transfer if you've got enough module credits or whatever they're called.
    Put pressure on it.. like put ya thumb there for a minute or so.. that should help??

12th floor lucky! I'm on ground!! :cool:

I think it's "uni" that's not making me happy.. as opposed to the course.. i'm much more of a practical learn as you go type person and i'm a total people person! So i need to be thinking about my options along them lines i think! Any ideas?

Any idea what happened to Sarah and Lith etc.. they never about on here anymore *or at least not when i'm awake lol :p:*

ReputationRep:
    i have a tutorial at 9
    it's too cold for tutorials :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura-rad)
    i have a tutorial at 9
    it's too cold for tutorials :p:
    Arww get a nice big warm coat

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.