The Student Room Group

Would you do a low skilled job all your life?

That pays minimum wage?
Yes. Minimum wage job better than no job. Wouldn’t wanna be a bum on benefits my whole life
No.

Such jobs tend to be soul destroying, repetitive, and are often far harder work than the better paid jobs. The low pay will prevent you from ever having much financial security.
No, they bore me to the point of mental ill health.

I need intellectual stimulation.
Original post by Otherdjrj
Yes. Minimum wage job better than no job. Wouldn’t wanna be a bum on benefits my whole life

Personally disagree. Better dead than having a job that gives you no satisfaction, nor money.
Low IQ or disability can condemn you to a low skilled job all of your life and it must be awful.
Having said that there are people, I know one, who choose to do low skilled part time job, just enough to pay the bills and get by so that he can spend time in the great outdoors.
I think the good news is that many if not most people in low skilled jobs aren't in them for life, but train and move on.
Original post by PTMalewski
Personally disagree. Better dead than having a job that gives you no satisfaction, nor money.

Each to their own. For me even a walk in the park makes me feel good, which I can do on a minimum wage job, so would rather be alive even just for that lol
Original post by Matty2993
That pays minimum wage?

Never. Only loosers accept min wage.
Original post by Just my opinion
Low IQ or disability can condemn you to a low skilled job all of your life and it must be awful.
Having said that there are people, I know one, who choose to do low skilled part time job, just enough to pay the bills and get by so that he can spend time in the great outdoors.
I think the good news is that many if not most people in low skilled jobs aren't in them for life, but train and move on.

Disabled people who let businesses dominate them often are on low wage but gradually they learn their worth and demand higher wages.
The trick is to get niche skills so you can literally walk out of a project and the investor will beg on his/her knees for you to stay.
Reply 9
Not unless there was absolutely no alternative.. even then i imagine i'd rather pitch myself off the roof then continue to have my soul destroyed for no plausible compensation.
I've done my fair share of low skill low pay jobs. Hopefully I won't have to return to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending