Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, basically wanted to rant about my mum.

so i have just finished work ( i work part time during the uni hols) and am sitting in the lounge on my laptop. my mum comes in from work and tells me to make this appointment for something. i say i'll do it tomorrow and she shouts " NO! DO IT NOW! YOU'LL JUST FORGET! and i say - "no i won't, i'll do it tomorrow"- in a nice voice. She then shouts at me more saying that i shouldnt talk back to her. i honestly dnt think that was talking back! my older brother was doing far worse to her and my dad the day before. yet nothing was said! they just laugh it off with him and when i mention that to her she tells me to shut up! :confused: this carrys on for a minute and then she tells me to get out of the house and slams my laptop shut!! i honestly think shes going to hit me at this point. i am so confused as to why she is being like this all of a sudden, she didnt even bother saying hi to me when she walked in! she just wanted an argument. its as though she had something against me from the minute she woke up and it was niggling at her all day and she needed to be controlling.

i ended up making the appointment. the point of this is she always gets her way! i can't do anything without her being in control. i feel so silly writing about this as i am 19 and feel like an absolute child! why is she always picking on me!!!! (things like this have happened before) what really gets me angry is how my brother seems to get away with talking back and when i point this out they say i'm being stupid! :mad: sorry needed to rant! its so frustrating!!

ReputationRep:
    hormones, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    She probably had a bad day at work and you were just unlucky to be the one she took it out on.

ReputationRep:
    she seems all happy now. watching deal or no deal and smiling though she hasnt spoken to me yet.

ReputationRep:
    If your mum is going through the menopause, she would have anger hormones and stuff... how about mental issues? is she depressed or anything because that can cause anger bursts.

ReputationRep:
    why didn't you just make the appointment?

ReputationRep:
    i was going to make it tomorrow anyway. i just dnt know why she got so angry about it, it was my appointment not hers, sometimes i think she's just nosy and wanted to listen in.

hmm menopause... think shes a bit young for that maybe in afew years! god i would never say that to her! i wouldnt be allowed in the house for days! lol!

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me all the time, only with my step mum and my dad. Annoying but thats life I guess!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.