The Student Room Group

Can i apply for spring weeks in second year of a 4 year course?

I've just finished the first year course of my course at university and would like to know if I would be able to apply for spring week internships, whilst also applying for year-long industrial placements, as my third year would comprise of this placement?
Will need you to expand on the placement issue but yes you can apply to spring internships.

Spring Weeks are for students who are in the 1st year of a 3 year course and 2nd of a 4 year because the aim is to secure a summer internship in penultimate year of university. So they can secure a job offer before graduating.

Only issue that may arise is if you secure a summer internship for 2022 and you're on a placement, once the summer comes it becomes difficult.

Spring Weeks in my opinion have less competition than industrial placements so focus on the Springs - get your cv and application strong. Ive completed internships and springs at Goldman and Blackrock (happy to prove) so Id recommend focusing on springs and attend events! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhHZKEYKBo
Thanks. So as I start my second year I will be applying for 12 month industrial placements. My third year will comprise of me actually doing the placement. I was mainly wondering if I could apply to the same companies for both spring weeks and industrial placements.
Original post by Professor JZ
Thanks. So as I start my second year I will be applying for 12 month industrial placements. My third year will comprise of me actually doing the placement. I was mainly wondering if I could apply to the same companies for both spring weeks and industrial placements.

Oooo I see, would be tricky but yes very, possible. I would however try and be more strategic. For example maybe the places you really want you apply to spring because of the less competition and then industrials across multiple other sectors just because they can sometimes be tougher to secure id definitely recommend and a mix as for what exact way to go, up to you and up to the strength of your CV [ Edited in 'CV'] / experience
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JamesHardenRocks
Oooo I see, would be tricky but yes very, possible. I would however try and be more strategic. For example maybe the places you really want you apply to spring because of the less competition and then industrials across multiple other sectors just because they can sometimes be tougher to secure id definitely recommend and a mix as for what exact way to go, up to you and up to the strength of your / experience

Cheers for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending