Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For me, an average life is suffice. Enough money to spend on a few good things, something to train to (e.g college) and a good few friends and social life will do me for now. I lost all that leaving school, through people moving on and changing. I started working and there are people who I chat to (like 1 or 2) and they're near enough near me and a few go to college. This dude i been chatting to alot is pretty sorted guy but i only see him at work and i cnt exactly ask for his number coz that just sounds gay really and there wud be no reason for having it.. lol.

i am trying to change my life around and be able to say i'm living life to the full and it's a slow and gradual change but i hope to make it. still decising wether to go to A) new sixth form b) college (prefered option, but what doing?consutrction.. but i have no experience) or c) my school's sixth form.. no idea. for me college is best, i just want to make a few gd friends to have a laugh with.

any advice, motivation? etc. thanks.. lol

ReputationRep:
    it all just depends really.... thats a really hard thing for people to advise on....... in my opinion!

it all depends on what your long term plans are, jobs? uni? etc. you'll need to do something that corilates with these plans, if you have any. For a job you'll need qualifications appropriate, for uni youll need qualifications and grades that they are asking for.... eg from my point of view i needed A-levels, so i went to six form, but collages provide a different range of courses that may be more appropriate(as well as A-levels of cause!)

Collage is a good place for new friends as everyone is new and "most people" wont know each other there for allowing for a fresh start.

six form people tend to move up togehter from doing GCSEs so there for tend to stick in their already formed groups

ReputationRep:
    I personally didn't enjoy 6th form at my school but it certainly had stricter teaching which I needed because I get a bit to laid back with things. However, I hear college is meant to be awesome for making friends, parties etc. !!

I think change is always good as long as you don't loose sight of the big picture or the goal you're trying to reach. I always compare life to a river in the way it always ends up at the same destination but it's forever changing you can have the little changes such as depth of the river, or drastic ones like a waterfall, I personally could draw out my life in form of a river.... Yes I have too much time on my hands, yes I am slightly mental.

Anyway, if you want to live life to the fullest, then the way I do it is to give everything (almost everything) a try and to find general happiness with the most simple of things, once you stop and try to realise the things in the world that we take for granted it becomes so much better!!

But anyway, I think college would be a great opportunity to head in that direction, as long as you choose a suitable option that'll forward you career then you can enjoy yourself as much as you want, doors will open, more changes will be made etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah I think college will hopefully will be good socialially wise.. just wish i cud be like outside mates wid some of the ppl from work as well lol

ReputationRep:
    Any other advice ? lol =[

ReputationRep:
    Living life to the full is by not taking everything for granted and being happy with everything you do.

As for which place you go, it all depends on what you want to do. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Friends wise; whichever college/sixthform you choose (except maybe your school one) you'll make a brand new group of friends. As long as you're friendly and try. At work just ask for their numbers. ask if they want to hang out after work or something. Progress from there. They are your mates at work, they'll probably still like you outside of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure which one of the three you should go for... but with the guy at work, why not just ask him if he wants to go down the pub afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vykeera)
    I'm not sure which one of the three you should go for... but with the guy at work, why not just ask him if he wants to go down the pub afterwards?
    Sadly, I'm just over a year away from such legit age to do that. ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt)
    Sadly, I'm just over a year away from such legit age to do that. ;p
    Haha, ok. Umm cinema? Gig?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.