The Student Room Group

Need GCSE results, but can't get them off OCR. Anyone else?

Hi just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
I have a place on a BSc adult nursing course but the uni is insisiting on seeing proof of my English GCSE. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem but I need to order it from OCR and they're not able to do this for people who took their exams before 2000, I'm 1998.
I've contacted the uni and told them all this and asked if they could consider my access course/previous degree (with eng lit as minor) or my functional skills level 2 in english. They said no.

I wondered if any other mature students were in the same boat? And how you may have got round this? I feel like I may end up missing out on a course I've put a lot of effort and time into getting on
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Purplesonney
Hi just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
I have a place on a BSc adult nursing course but the uni is insisiting on seeing proof of my English GCSE. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a problem but I need to order it from OCR and they're not able to do this for people who took their exams before 2000, I'm 1998.
I've contacted the uni and told them all this and asked if they could consider my access course/previous degree (with eng lit as minor) or my functional skills level 2 in english. They said no.

I wondered if any other mature students were in the same boat? And how you may have got round this? I feel like I may end up missing out on a course I've put a lot of effort and time into getting on

Why cant they do it pre 2000? What do they expect people to do? You can't be the only one in such a situation.
Are you certain OCR are the board?
https://www.gov.uk/replacement-exam-certificate
I phoned OCR and before 2000 results have to be found manually, but after 2000 they're stored electronically. Due to the corona virus OCR employees are working from home and can only access results saved digitally.
It says on their websites too
Tough one.
Could your old school maybe confirm your grades via a certified letter?
Can you now screen shot OCR page to send to university to ask their opinion?
I was asked for a transcript of my results and as my degree was 1994 I had to get the university to confirm they couldn’t provide it before new university was happy.
Hi I've screen shot the ocr website and sent it to them and they have all my certificates from access course and degree etc but they are still holding out for the GCSE which they want by the 31st August, but i can't guarantee getting it by then because ocr don't know when they will be returning to normal

The school I went to has closed down now too. The did initially go into partnership with another school which I have tried to contact but they"re not answering their phones because they haven'tfully reopened, I have tried tweeting them.
I was told that admissions have contacted the admissions tutor to see what to do because there are a few people in this situaltion, I'm just worried they will still say no and that I need the gcse results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending