Turn on thread page Beta

Keep anon please cuz he uses this!

Me and my boyfriend never went through the whole 'dating' phase, because we'd already known each other for aaages, so we didnt need to 'get to know' each other. But it seems that all we really do is stay in, and it feels like we're losing the romantic side of our relationship. I suggested that we go out together and spend some time, and he's cool with it, he just wants me to suggest something.

But because we never do these kinda things, i dont know what to suggest I mean, we're not the kind of people to go out for a meal, we usually just cook for each other anyway. Shopping works with the girls, but i think it'd be awkward with the boy. Bowling/ice skating seem to be usual things that we do with friends all the time, so theyre a bit boring now. So bleh, im so uninspired! Any ideas/suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    You could go for a walk, to the cinema. Or maybe go out to a big city near you (eg. london) and have a look round some of the 'touristy' sights, or museums.

ReputationRep:
    Picnic on the beach.
    Going out dancing together.
    Cycling.
    Stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know where ur from but in Birmingham theres loads of different stuff to do - crazy golf at Star City, tobogganing at the Snowdome... Or if u fancy doing something a little less active try a canal boat trip or a trip to a safari park? You could always just go on a random road trip, just go the train station and buy a ticket to anyway! Make ur own fun!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, how about a romantic walk somewhere? Or some fun kind of sport like wall-climbing or quad-biking? Even if you do cook for each other a lot, maybe one night you could go out somewhere really nice and get dressed up- a change of scene might do you good!

ReputationRep:
    Got him to think of something!

ReputationRep:
    Go do tourist-y things. Museums, going to a theatre or something...erm have a weekend away somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Danciiiiiing, go out dancing

Theatre,concert.......

ReputationRep:
    me and my boyfriend had this problem a few months back!
    We spent so long messing around, pretending that we didn't like each other, that as soon as we got together all we wanted to do was be with each other.
    It got boring like that, staying in far too much and too much routine and i told him.
    So now we go places all the time! hehe :-D
    meals...just try it!
    i take him shopping sometimes but not often
    go away for weekends together!
    cinema if there is something you both want to see
    meet mutual friends for drinks
    maybe go on holiday together?
    do the silly things like ice skating, bowling and swimming
    go to the beach/park for walks and picnics

ReputationRep:
    Go to the theatre.

ReputationRep:
    Theme park, walk, picnic, cinema, meal out, theatre, concert, day-trip somewhere (eg. London eye, Cadbury world, beach), hire a boat, book a hotel room...

ReputationRep:
    you say that the usual things like bowling and ice scating are boring, thats because your doing it with your friends...do stuff alone, you can act completly different with each other when your by yourselves, might be a bit more interesting.

go out for meals, cinema.... like others have said.... do touristy things, they can be great fun.

my second date with my boyfriend we went canoeing at a local boat hire place (it was great fun) we also went to the sea life cente.

I know its easy enough to just sit in, cook dinner, have a bottle of wine and watch a film etc. but you fall into that routine, try and make an effort even if you dont facy the idea at first.

ReputationRep:
    Go stargazing with a picnic and champagne. (My ideal date which has yet to happen).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.