I have not driven in 3 months,Im scared im going to crash

Watch
HazelPoHOPE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So im 19,I got my license about 5 months ago and I ordered my car straight away,The virus delayed the delivery of my car all the way till 20th july.

I'm quite a bad driver(It took me 120 hours to pass) but when I finally passed,I was pretty good.

Now fastforward nearly half a year and now I feel my driving has become alot worse.

Honestly I couldn't give a ..... If I was to damage my first car as I have alot more money than the average teenager so it's not really a headache but I could never forgive myself If I was to seriously Injure someone.

What do you guys think I do?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Go with your parents or someone who has been driving for 3 years and practice.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HazelPoHOPE)
So im 19,I got my license about 5 months ago and I ordered my car straight away,The virus delayed the delivery of my car all the way till 20th july.

I'm quite a bad driver(It took me 120 hours to pass) but when I finally passed,I was pretty good.

Now fastforward nearly half a year and now I feel my driving has become alot worse.

Honestly I couldn't give a ..... If I was to damage my first car as I have alot more money than the average teenager so it's not really a headache but I could never forgive myself If I was to seriously Injure someone.

What do you guys think I do?
You could do a refresher lesson or two with an instructor to help you feel more comfortable driving.
Legomenon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Dw I'm also a bad driver and didn't drive for 6 months but recently started again and I was fine, you won't have 'forgotten' how to drive. Although I did drive with a parent next to me - I would highly recommend having someone with you while you get back into it. But if you really think it would be dangerous I'd take the advice of DrawTheLine above.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You'll likely be fine, I tend to find skills age far slower than you think, take your time, find some nice wide/quiet roads to practice on and take your time.

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I don't really agree with new drivers running for 3rd party help every time they get nervous, I feel it can be a step back verging on learned helplessness (see also : needing pills to drive). This won't hold true for everyone, some will benefit from a bit extra tuition, but i honestly feel 'make your driving someone else's problem' gets thrown out as a solution too often.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (194)
29.75%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (108)
16.56%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.9%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.28%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.82%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.63%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.83%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.22%

Watched Threads