Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I may be the pessimistic freak here because I believe all School Students should have an English Grammar lesson, once a week that cooperates with a normal English Lesson. By this I mean "Scrapping English Literature" for the foundation students. Why? Well it is pointless because school Students should be tought how to spell correctly and build sentence structures together, accurately using correct punctuation which will then help them out in later life i.e Jobs, (etc)

Thus, they shoudn't be tought how to anlyize books and figure out there meaning because books should be a thing of pleasure and free time.

1) The Grammar lesson would occur once/twice a week, with all students sitting the GCSE exam at the end, therefore gaining yet another GCSE.
    2) Only the higher students would be entered for the Literature exam on top of the Grammar exam. Foundation students wouldn't sit the Literarture exam as they couldn't cope with the pressure.

Well, every person has their own subjective opinion, but I believe having a Grammar lesson makes sense because foundation candidates should learn grammar because why are they taking the Foundation exam? They are not articulate with grammar. The higher candidates would sit both Literature and Grammar. This would then form a gap between the academic "literature" candidates and the foundation candidates.

NB: Both Foundation/Higher candidates would still do English language.

What's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Why do I feel like I've seen this somewhere before....?

ReputationRep:
    3 nearly identical revision threads.
    2 nearly identical grammar threads.

Trolling is supposed to be amusing to the troll. You freak...

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to scrap English Lit for a grammar lesson to be possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uggycom)
    What's your opinion?
    I think you should learn how to capitalise words correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Not all schools offer English Literature lessons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uggycom)
    What's your opinion?
    That you need some serious grammar lessons yourself... :o:

ReputationRep:
    yes and learn how to spell 'analyse'

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.