ohfukc12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i’m in my last year of school. I had 6 months out in year 9 due to personal reasons and moved school half way through the year. i would have had another 6 months off by the time i go back in september.

I’m struggling with my grades and i thought it was a me problem. I thought i was just really lazy and didn’t bother to actually learn because i was already so behind. I put hours and hours of work into it. Sometimes i genuinely didn’t sleep for a day or two. usually i would have worked from 6pm to (4-5am ish) with a break inbetween. Nothing will go into my brain. i cant remember anything and i’m panicking. I’ve looked on google ive tried fixing my sleeping pattern, changing my diet, excercising, taking breaks. i’ve tried so many different ways of revising like mind maps, taking notes, revision cards, seneca learning.

My parents said they were going to get me a tutor after new year but it’s less than a year before my exams.

any advice??

LordK
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sleep. Create a reasonable schedule for yourself for each day. Perhaps 2 hours a day. Everybody says they will do 4hours revision every day because they feel that’s what they need to cram it in to their mind but end up procrastinating as for many this is unreasonable/boring. Split the 2hrs into 1 hour slots of different subjects are you will simply tire out of boredom. Train your mind, and like a dog, eventually it will listen and respond to you more efficiently. Scream at the dog and you get no results. Try coffee, to help you focus when you are studying. 1 cup of black coffee a day is actually good for your brain. Don’t add any sugar or cream as they nullify any good effects. Hope I have helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise