Large pores and Makeup

Watch
babushkac4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've got large pores on my face and they ALWAYS show through my makeup.

I've got quite a good skincare going, but still have some acne. I also have oily skin

I've tried everything- buffing in my foundation with a brush, using a beauty sponge, using a silicone primer, using a sticky primer, using a pore-minimising primer. But no matter what, when my full face is done they always show through.

So if anyone else has the same problem please share some tips and tricks to help minimise the appearence !

Cos none of my friends or anyone online seems to have this problem.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by babushkac4)

I've got quite a good skincare going, but still have some acne. I also have oily skin

I've tried everything- buffing in my foundation with a brush, using a beauty sponge, using a silicone primer, using a sticky primer, using a pore-minimising primer. But no matter what, when my full face is done they always show through.

So if anyone else has the same problem please share some tips and tricks to help minimise the appearence !

You can try using the Niacinamide Serum by the ordinary. It helps to calm down angry looking skin and helps reduce open pores. It’s great! Also reduces excess sebum production so that can help with the oily ness.
JokesOnYoo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Why do girls use makeup when they can use paint, it lasts longer!
Bexjw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve had large pores and have struggled to find the right products and routines.

A good skin care routine is a great start and The Ordinary products are highly rated. The right primer can also make a difference. The only one I’ve found that I rave about is the Urban Decay Optical Illusion primer. Blending foundation with a sponge can give a better and less streaky coverage than a brush too.

I’m by no means a pro but it’s works for me!
babushkac4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fermion.)
You can try using the Niacinamide Serum by the ordinary. It helps to calm down angry looking skin and helps reduce open pores. It’s great! Also reduces excess sebum production so that can help with the oily ness.
I'ved finished a bottle and am currently using it, pores still large . Defo does help with the oilness and breakouts though !
babushkac4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bexjw)
I’ve had large pores and have struggled to find the right products and routines.

A good skin care routine is a great start and The Ordinary products are highly rated. The right primer can also make a difference. The only one I’ve found that I rave about is the Urban Decay Optical Illusion primer. Blending foundation with a sponge can give a better and less streaky coverage than a brush too.

I’m by no means a pro but it’s works for me!
Yeah. Currenlty using a mix of The ordinary and Simple. They have helped with acne and oil, but unfortunetly nothing helps minimise my pores.
Oo thanks will check out that primer!
Yeah your right, sponges just apply so much better and have a skinlike finish, i dont get how people use brushes without getting streaks.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Beauticians can open from Monday, so you could seek advice from one.
Laura97med
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

I had the same problem for many years. And I still have ..I ve been to many doctors to find a solution.. My face started to look better from the moment I start to eat healthy , sleep the right hours as well as to take care of my skin correct. That's one of the reasons I wanna become a doctor. I had a conversation with many doctors. Only one gave me the solution. And of course it needs time. You will not have clean face just in one month.
ShyAutumnFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
Why do girls use makeup when they can use paint, it lasts longer!
Forget the paint, use tattoos
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads