Anxious about therapy

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m have social anxiety and my mum has organised therapy for me so that I can sort it out before I go to university (I’m going into year 13 next year). I had my first session last week but we only talked about exam stress, and I felt like I was being really awkward - I didn’t know what to say and I feel like I’m wasting her time. I have another session tomorrow and I’m kinda freaking out, I can’t sleep and I’m really worried about tomorrow.
Help?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First sessions are often very awkward as you’re just getting to know each other and how it all works.

If you feel that they’re concentrating too much in the wrong area don’t be afraid to speak up and say so.

Anxiety about exams is fairly common so they may have misinterpreted the reasoning behind your anxiety. It is also a starting point for dealing with other stressors.

Please don’t be put off by a first meeting or think you’re not doing something right because you don’t know what to say. There is no right thing-there is no wrong thing. Just be honest with what you’re feeling.

Therapy is a great step forward and you are wasting nobodies time. X
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (114)
25.85%
Better than expected (92)
20.86%
Worse than expected (235)
53.29%

Watched Threads