In summer the car I use gets hot to touch

Watch
saintsophia124
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Have to wait 10 minutes before the steering wheel cools. But the inside of the car is like a furnace.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Crack a window, park somewhere that doesn't get hit with so much sun, get some of those foil shadey things?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by saintsophia124)
Have to wait 10 minutes before the steering wheel cools. But the inside of the car is like a furnace.
Yep a beaming sun through a window will do that. You either live with it, let some air in or buy one of those funky screens which reflect a lot of the heat back out of the car.

The UK it’s not too big a problem on the whole but in places like Florida it can be truly unbearable even if you just park up for like an hour.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think the foil or cardboard things you put inside your windscreen helps.

Also, if the weather is warm, could you walk the journey?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
tbh the main reason I try and avoid parking in the sun is birdcrap, my cars a magnet for it already and the last thing i want is the sun burning it into the paint before i get a chance to clean it and throw stones at a few birds.
the_queen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How would you like to be? Cold in summer? Park the car in shadow or in covered parking, cover the steer wheel with something and will be better.
You cant imagine how is in hot countries....
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just chuck an old bar towel over the wheel to keep the sun off. I honestly don't think it's ever gotten so hot that I couldn't drive safely though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads