Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is it to live in leicester city is there a lot to do and some form of nightlife , also is it a multicultural city with many races. Is the city safe as well , thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit drab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenalforev)
    How is it to live in leicester city is there a lot to do and some form of nightlife , also is it a multicultural city with many races. Is the city safe as well , thanks in advance
    Yes there's loads to do and nightlife. Considering it's a relatively small city there are loads of bars and clubs. Yes it's multicultural (although why?)

Yes the city is safe - I've never seen any problems. Just keep safe - don't walk around by yourself in the dark etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdhey89)
    It's a bit drab.
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really just that me being nigerian i wanted to know if they wa a mix of races as generally do hang around with many different kinds of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    In what way?
    As in lifeless.

ReputationRep:
    best thing about it is Melton Road, gujrati food
    and the diwali lights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenalforev)
    Nothing really just that me being nigerian i wanted to know if they wa a mix of races as generally do hang around with many different kinds of people.
    Fair enough. There's a good mix of people in Leicester, so there's no need to be worried

ReputationRep:
    it contains lots of asians

ReputationRep:
    It's always seemed safe to me - but apparently we're the 5th most dangerous city in the country...

ReputationRep:
    As in lifeless.
    I've never once got that impression, I don't really understand where it comes from. There's a ridiculous amount of development going on at the moment which makes it anything but.

ReputationRep:
    I've never once got that impression, I don't really understand where it comes from. There's a ridiculous amount of development going on at the moment which makes it anything but.
    Highcross Oh my days, it's going to be hard to not blow my loan within days with all the new shops around!!! And the cinema. And everything. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Well I was comparing it to Birmingham, from where I'm near to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetfloss)
    Highcross Oh my days, it's going to be hard to not blow my loan within days with all the new shops around!!!
    Yeah it will be interesting to see it in operation finally, it's a really impressive building. It's the same size as the Bull Ring apparently!

ReputationRep:
    i was born there so its ****ing great :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Well I was comparing it to Birmingham, from where I'm near to.
    It's a smaller city sure, but I find it so much more pleasant that Birmingham, on the whole.

ReputationRep:
    I hate this city. The world wouldn't miss it if someone accidentally nuked the damn place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    I hate this city. The world wouldn't miss it if someone accidentally nuked the damn place.
    For some reason Leicester locals seem to bear such animosity towards the place, I really don't get why though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetfloss)
    And the cinema.
    Apparently there's going to be a posh restaurant which will be part of the cinema or something, I read it in a paper somewhere..can't wait to see it though.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason Leicester locals seem to bear such animosity towards the place, I really don't get why though?
    The truth is most people don't realise that its a pretty good city until they visit somewhere else/go abroad.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 17, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.