The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Possibilities

I'm liking the sound of doing a psychology degree perhaps with counselling but even if I do a psychology degree on its own as it has elements of child psychology could I use that to get on a pcge if I want to become a primary school teacher after I gain the degree? If not what's an interesting degree that would enable me to follow that path please?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Strach2k
I'm liking the sound of doing a psychology degree perhaps with counselling but even if I do a psychology degree on its own as it has elements of child psychology could I use that to get on a pcge if I want to become a primary school teacher after I gain the degree? If not what's an interesting degree that would enable me to follow that path please?

primary pgce's like you to have done a curriculum subject in some cases but i've heard of people being able to do it after a psychology degree
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
primary pgce's like you to have done a curriculum subject in some cases but i've heard of people being able to do it after a psychology degree

Just basic psychology degree or psychology and counselling?? Or. Would that not matter?
Just basic psychology degree or psychology and counselling?? Or. Would that not matter?

It wouldn't make a big difference
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
It wouldn't make a big difference

So you think it will be fine to do a more interesting degree than a core subject?, how about it and software? I could always then maybe become an it teacher or have a grounding for primary with a degree?
So you think it will be fine to do a more interesting degree than a core subject?, how about it and software? I could always then maybe become an it teacher or have a grounding for primary with a degree?

Either would be fine I think
Reply 6
Can i ask what basis you are looking at this on? Just im already 35 I don't want to hang around lol I do appreciate the advice though.. I feel if I do a computer and software degree perhaps it would open the avenue to more job opportunities..
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
What about if i did A computing and software degree?

Quick Reply

Latest