The Student Room Group

Have you ever leaked on to your sheets on night on period?

Is this normal to have an occasional heavy flow?
Reply 1
Sometimes you can, but it’s best to seek professional medical advice on the NHS website. Don’t worry about it :wink:
Yes, totally normal! Many people have a heavy cycle every third period. It’s a totally normal thing and cycle flow varies between months and people. Many factors affect how heavy or light your period is, so I wouldn’t worry.

If it’s really unusual for you to have heavy periods, seek some medical advice just to make sure everything is okay. But I wouldn’t worry too much :smile:
Sometimes I have heavy periods and when I first started I leaked onto my sheets frequently. I think it was normal for me and it can happen.
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Yes, totally normal! Many people have a heavy cycle every third period. It’s a totally normal thing and cycle flow varies between months and people. Many factors affect how heavy or light your period is, so I wouldn’t worry.

If it’s really unusual for you to have heavy periods, seek some medical advice just to make sure everything is okay. But I wouldn’t worry too much :smile:

Well I actually didn’t used to have heavy periods until I got the inplant but my dr said it can be normal to have heavier periods as a side effect. :frown: but this is pretty heavy.
Reply 5
Original post by Candyaholic347
Well I actually didn’t used to have heavy periods until I got the inplant but my dr said it can be normal to have heavier periods as a side effect. :frown: but this is pretty heavy.

How long have you been on it this cycle? For me, it would be heavier on the first few days.
Maybe try longer pads? X

Ahh okay! So yes, they will be heavier with the implant. How long have you had the implant? If it’s fairly new, your body will still be getting used to the hormones and this will affect your period. I’m sure everything is okay!!
Original post by Moonbow
How long have you been on it this cycle? For me, it would be heavier on the first few days.
Maybe try longer pads? X

Ya I’m going in to day 2! And I agree, I need longer ones!thanks.
Reply 8

No worries! Take care :wink:
Reply 9

You could also try wearing a couple of long pads at night, overlapped in the middle, so there's more protection further up the front and back. And put a folded bath towel on the bed where your bum would be when lying down, to save the sheets and mattress; sometimes the wings will leak.
Yes it is quite normal, to leak occasionally.
I too am quite heavy for the first few days,
I tend to sleep on an old towel, and wear two pads in the shape of a T, it has certainly helped me, last few periods no leakages at all. Good luck, don't worry, most of us have been there. Xx
Reply 11
Perfectly normal.
You can get nighttime pads, and put a dark towel under you when you go to bed. Advil / certian painkillers also help heavy flows, even if just by a bit.
It sucks when you are caught off guard.

Quick Reply

Latest