The Student Room Group

Do you impulse buy on Steam Sales?

I no longer do that as Steam Sales as they are just after your money. As now, I only buy DLC from games which I enjoy playing. Only the ones which in my wishlist and is influenced on the reviews.
This has stopped my impulse buying. You?
(edited 3 years ago)
I already have a back log of games from charity bundles that I have never played, I don't need any more games.

The only PC games I really put any significant time into are Slay the Spire and Rimworld of which both are supported by a plethora of mods so they never get boring.
Well, it's an online game sales platform, of COURSE they want your money :wink:

They always have sales and i wouldn't see the point in just impulsively buying DLC for games I didn't enjoy
I never buy on Steam except when I have enough in my steam wallet to buy the game for free and it's a good deal. Anyway, the Steam sales are just the same prices as Steam keys on CDkeys (which are perfectly safe btw)

I've moved to buying singleplayer games on GOG now since the games are DRM free.
Many people never get out of the habit of buying something that's on sale or redeeming something free. They're stuck in the mindset of back when we only had a handful of games and they cost a lot of pocket money, rather than realising all games end up cheap and go on sale constantly so you're not missing a deal.

Nowadays you just have to buy the very best. We don't have the time to play and watch every single game, film or TV series that seemed interesting or worth a try.
I bought a couple of games in the recent sale on impulse but played both once and then got a refund and I didn't enjoy playing either of them. I got one because I enjoy the sport as a spectator and saw the game was sale
Original post by Other_Owl
I no longer do that as Steam Sales as they are just after your money.

Reply 7
Yeah, once or twice a year when the game is under £4.
Nope. I only look up the prices of games I was already interested in buying.

Quick Reply

Latest