IrrelevantAsMwah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I was wondering if I could take any subject for A-level and then change what I do at Uni because the school I go to doesn't do criminology but I really want to do that course.
justjas33
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You don’t need a criminology a level to do criminology at university - people who do don’t have a better chance of getting a place either! Honestly you can take any a levels you’d like, but maybe consider sociology if you think you’d like it
SAARH.A5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Do you want to study Criminology at university? If so, there are no specific A level requirements but it's best to check entry requirements online. Consider studying subjects similar to A level Criminology like Psychology or Sociology, but it's completely up to you.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Theeps05)
I was wondering if I could take any subject for A-level and then change what I do at Uni because the school I go to doesn't do criminology but I really want to do that course.
They only really matter if the courses you want to apply to have either essential or preferred subjects listed.

If they just have a points or grade requirement, e.g. AAB, then you can usually take any combination, (excluding general studies).
Acl#28
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Some universities take students on with UCAS points I think, and usually only one subject matters. criminology would probably need biology or maybe possibly something like psychology or sociology, I'm not sure though. I would say look at the UCAS website and some uni's as well. Not sure 🧐 Good luck👍
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Theeps05)
Hi Theeps05

Usually for a criminology degree there are no specific A level requirements and even if there are it is unlikely studying A level criminology would be one of the requirements. If you know what universities you are interested in you could look at their requirements for a criminology degree and see what A levels would be the best option if they have a list of preferred A levels.

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (296)
55.95%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.05%

Watched Threads