Turn on thread page Beta

Has any girl ever considered what high heels can do to you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I only wear them on very special occasions; like at a wedding last week. I much prefer flats.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure the daily mail is very trustworthy

but yes they are bad for you

ReputationRep:
    I consider it everytime i haul my drunken ass home and can barely walk, not cause of alcohol, cause of the throbbing pain in the balls of my feet, but at 5"1 what can ya do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    Feels a bit easier for me. Totally flats are meant to be worse though (read in a newspaper somewhere)

Tis food for thought though
    Yeah I read that too but there's no WAY I'm giving up my Rocketdogs up any time soon!

Only wear heels 2-3 times a month so dont think I'll be doing much lasting damage tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I dont wear heels so its fine.

ReputationRep:
    Another article:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ashion.fitness

I alternate between heels and flat shoes, so i guess im ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hisoo)
    Yeah I read that too but there's no WAY I'm giving up my Rocketdogs up any time soon!

Only wear heels 2-3 times a month so dont think I'll be doing much lasting damage tbh.
    Rocketdogs :up:...they are very comfortable...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    i wear flats in the day and heels at night.

i have a high instep anyway so i guess im better suited to heels.

i loves them :adore:

ReputationRep:
    It does say in the article that occassional use is fine.
    I wear them on the occassional night out, I have quite a high tolerance to pain and so only after several hours of hardcore walking-dancing do my feet hurt.
    But I'm normally in flats because during the day I walk a lot, and couldn't do that in heels :p:

I think people generally know that wearing heels all the time is not good for you- if you don't you're just stupid.
    But likewise if you only wear flats all the time, especially trainers, your feet can spread and you can lose the arch, making it very painful to walk. It's happened to my aunt, she's a trainer freak

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear heels on a daily basis or even on every night out because they are uncomfortable-the amount of pain they cause cannot be healthy!

I saw a girl on Embarassing Bodies the other day who was in her 20s and had bunions from wearing high heels everyday! There's an incentive not to wear them!!I've started doing the toe exercises the doctor gave her, out of paranoia.

ReputationRep:
    I generally only wear 2- 2.5 inch heels on a regular basis. An higher is for special occasions/going out etc. I've never had any issues.

ReputationRep:
    Heels are loooovely though wearing them, not all the time but for nights out etc, has got to be ok!

Actually my feet hurt far more when I do loads of walking in completely flat shoes. It seems to put loads of pressure on my toes...

ReputationRep:
    I wear heels, usually just on nights out etc though. Tend to wear flats or shoes/boots with a lil heel during the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenren22)
    I was reading an article about how heels can damage your spine and it really got me thinking. I've started wearing heels more nowadays as they really give me confidence, but i've noticed my back has started to ache as a result. Here is the article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...eft-agony.html
    I'd never really gave it a thought, i didn't know much about how heels tilt your pelvis.

I don't wear heels every day and i have to change to flats after a few hours as my soles burn. I do quite often wear 3/4 inch heels to work for 4 hours every few days, is this ok? What about 2 inch heels?

How often do you wear heels? And has any of you ever wondered about what regular heel-wearing does to your back etc?
    it's not good to live in heels, but from what i've heared the best thing for your back and spine is to own as many different pairs of shoes as possible and wear them all as often as possible. you shoulnd't constantly wear the same type of shoe all time, keep mixing it up so you don't get used to any one shoe, whether high or low on the heel. Best if you can change during the day even. (as pointed out too much trainers can also be bad)

Just mix it up girls!

and jog/run only on soft surfaces such as grass if you can.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has been wearing heels since she was really little, and now she can't walk flat-footed cos something like the tendon or something in her foot shrunk and she can't put her foot down properly for more than a minute or so, her feet are kinda messed up.
    ...for a short girl like me, I should wear heels, but I much prefer my Rocketdogs and Converses

ReputationRep:
    nah I don't wear heels but love my new shoes I'm gonna wear for this sort-of-prom thing. Black & 3.5 in. Yay

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love heels! I've never had any back ache and so far have no bunions I was also told that wearing heels is good if you have arthritis in your knees (which I do) as they give you a better posture.

Have you perhaps considered that you might not be working properly in your heels, as a reason as to why your back hurts?

I must own 50 pairs of heels and noway will I ever give up collecting them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenren22)
    I'd never really gave it a thought, i didn't know much about how heels tilt your pelvis.
    I have this anyway.. = one leg longer than the other :rolleyes: Also my feet are screwed from when i fell off a gym bar in year 7 and missed the mat.. that hurt alooottt!
    I don't think i've ever worn heals, much prefer flats. I pretty much wear flipflops all the time anyway or total flat shoes.. probably not the best for my feet.

ReputationRep:
    Oh bloody hell, there couldn't just be an easy answer, could there. Heels are bad. Flats are bad. Next thing, we'll find out that shoes give you cancer.

I love flats and heels, but I'll only wear heels on a rare night out (and rarely in Durham as it's so cobbly!). My heels are always mega high though - I really don't like low heels.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Daily Mail

Reputable source

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.