Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is going to Kings and has accomadation at great dover street i am off to nottingham and we're gonna try and be together but she got her accomadation letter and it said that she can only have a guest 3 nights a week and maximum of 20 nights a semester but i would like to see her quite a lot more than this. So was wondering whether people know how likely it would be that i could get caught or would she get in trouble if i stayed more than this

ReputationRep:
    No sexy time fa you.

ReputationRep:
    Most universities don't particularly mind, as long as her flat mates/housemates don't mind it shouldnt be a problem

I think if you were intending to stay more than a few dys aat a time she'd have to sign you in as a guest

but generally most uni's dont mind. tha's the general stance i get from reading around x

ReputationRep:
    It depends who they hire as security guards :p:
    At SSA last year, ours were really quite tough and if they noticed, you would be in serious trouble. But from what I heard, the GDS staff didn't care at all about the 'rules'...

ReputationRep:
    How are you going to see her more often than that if you're at Notts Uni? How far away is that?

ReputationRep:
    I stayed at GDSA last year, they don't really check tbh, she can sign you in as a day guest and just not sign you out. Although your gf may want to make sure her flatmates are ok with you being there often.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you could just have mates round if you wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    I thought you could just have mates round if you wanted to.
    You can but you just have (or at least are supposed to) sign them in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k89g)
    You can but you just have (or at least are supposed to) sign them in.
    Ah right, cool. Can you have them to stay over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Ah right, cool. Can you have them to stay over?
    Yes, of course . But there are limits (which very few adhere to lol) The same guest can only stay over 20 nights in a semester. You can only have overnight guests 3 times a week and they have to be with you at all times.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i have the same problem kind of - im staying at Great Dover Street but my boyfriend lives near birmingham and works in london regularly and I really want to see him more than 20 nights per semester!! What happens if you get caught not signing them in or out? are all unis this strict?!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.