The Student Room Group

How will this affect my uni offers

February mocks: UUE
UCAS mocks: BCC
Actual A levels: AAB
What do you mean? If you got AAB as your obtained actual A-Level grades, then that's all universities will see, and they'll either offer you an unconditional or decline a space.
Reply 2
Original post by econhelp525
What do you mean? If you got AAB as your obtained actual A-Level grades, then that's all universities will see, and they'll either offer you an unconditional or decline a space.

Then what are the points in the UCAS predictions I thought they only saw UCAS predictions when they give you an offer and you only get new offers in clearing with your actual A levels?
Original post by voldi
Then what are the points in the UCAS predictions I thought they only saw UCAS predictions when they give you an offer and you only get new offers in clearing with your actual A levels?

What are you trying to say? Why would you have predicted grades if you already achieved your A-Levels? When you're applying, you will have the option to put in your achieved grades.
Original post by voldi
February mocks: UUE
UCAS mocks: BCC
Actual A levels: AAB

If you have achieved those actual AL grades then that's all your application will list. The mocks are irrelevant.

If that's what you are expecting to achieve, then your ref will input official predictions will may be based on your mocks.
Reply 5
I mean lets say I get BCC in my UCAS mocks, but an AAB in my real ones, what will unis see and what will they offer based on? I have to be doing my ucas applications soon and they wont see my actual A level results and will only see my UCAS prediction. So what happens if they just reject it based on the predictions but I pass every requirement in the actual requirement, apologies if I sound stupid but Im clueless right now
Original post by voldi
I mean lets say I get BCC in my UCAS mocks, but an AAB in my real ones, what will unis see and what will they offer based on? I have to be doing my ucas applications soon and they wont see my actual A level results and will only see my UCAS prediction. So what happens if they just reject it based on the predictions but I pass every requirement in the actual requirement, apologies if I sound stupid but Im clueless right now

Your question doesn't really make sense? Have you already achieved AAB or not? If not, they will only see your predicted grades which are assigned by your teachers.
If you are getting your A Level grades this summer then you will apply to UCAS with your actual grades not your predicted grades.
If you are taking your A Level exams next summer (2021) then your college will submit to UCAS your predicted grades. These are what the universities will see and base your offers on. They won’t see past exam results. They will either offer you a conditional place which means that you will get into the uni if you achieve those grades on results day, or offer you an unconditional offer which means that whatever you achieve that will accept you regardless or decline you a place. If you wait until results day you can apply through clearing with your actual results where your near enough guaranteed to be offered places at unis with your grade entries as you have achieved the results. Ucas conditional offers are like a promise of a place but only if you achieve the grades that are required.
Reply 8
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
If you are getting your A Level grades this summer then you will apply to UCAS with your actual grades not your predicted grades.
If you are taking your A Level exams next summer (2021) then your college will submit to UCAS your predicted grades. These are what the universities will see and base your offers on. They won’t see past exam results. They will either offer you a conditional place which means that you will get into the uni if you achieve those grades on results day, or offer you an unconditional offer which means that whatever you achieve that will accept you regardless or decline you a place. If you wait until results day you can apply through clearing with your actual results where your near enough guaranteed to be offered places at unis with your grade entries as you have achieved the results. Ucas conditional offers are like a promise of a place but only if you achieve the grades that are required.

so I shouldnt apply for universities now, and I should wait for results day for my a levels?
Also, can a university reject a student based on ucas predictions? If yes, then is it possible to reapply when you get the actual a level results?
Original post by voldi
so I shouldnt apply for universities now, and I should wait for results day for my a levels?
Also, can a university reject a student based on ucas predictions? If yes, then is it possible to reapply when you get the actual a level results?

When are you getting your A Level results? Summer 2020 or summer 2021?
(edited 3 years ago)
Of course they can. They can reject you for any reason they wish. If it looks like your not get going to reach your grades they might well reject. You can apply with your actual grades when you have them. At that stage predictions wont matter.
Reply 11
Original post by swanseajack1
Of course they can. They can reject you for any reason they wish. If it looks like your not get going to reach your grades they might well reject. You can apply with your actual grades when you have them. At that stage predictions wont matter.

i guess i was worried for no reason then lol, thanks.

if my ucas mock is ACB or ACC, will a uni still offer if I am applying for AAA or AAB? Just a question on a whim
Original post by voldi
i guess i was worried for no reason then lol, thanks.

if my ucas mock is ACB or ACC, will a uni still offer if I am applying for AAA or AAB? Just a question on a whim

Nobody really knows the answer to this. If you apply with your predicted grades some will reject you whilst others might accept. ABC is quite close to the normal grades 2 grades down and 40% get in with 2 or more grades. If the course is oversubscribed it is likely you will get rejected.
Reply 13
Original post by swanseajack1
Nobody really knows the answer to this. If you apply with your predicted grades some will reject you whilst others might accept. ABC is quite close to the normal grades 2 grades down and 40% get in with 2 or more grades. If the course is oversubscribed it is likely you will get rejected.

alright thank you was just looking for a wild guess anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending