The Student Room Group

Covid-19 test.

I had a covid-19 test on Wednesday at around 4pm. Now the website says that they “aim” to get your results back to you in 48 hours, but I was wondering if that was actually true.
If anyone has had a covid-19 test, how long did it take before your results came through? Was it bang on 48hours, just before or just after?
I want to meet up with my friend socially distanced on Saturday, and if I don’t get my test results back by today I’m going to have to cancel, which I don’t wanna do :/
48 hours. 2 days.
Is it exactly 48 hours?
Original post by jonny_chedder
Is it exactly 48 hours?

It may be a bit more than exactly 48 hours, it’s an estimate after all.

I’m sure you’ll find out before next Saturday :smile:
Aha, it’s this Saturday not next Saturday :/
Hopefully it’ll come soon...
I had a covid-19 test on Wednesday at around 4pm. Now the website says that they “aim” to get your results back to you in 48 hours, but I was wondering if that was actually true.
If anyone has had a covid-19 test, how long did it take before your results came through? Was it bang on 48hours, just before or just after?
I want to meet up with my friend socially distanced on Saturday, and if I don’t get my test results back by today I’m going to have to cancel, which I don’t wanna do :/

Well you’ve obviously been having symptoms which is why you ordered the test. I wouldn’t be meeting anyone until you feel 100% better.
Aha, it’s this Saturday not next Saturday :/
Hopefully it’ll come soon...

Ah sorry! Like @Fermion. has said, it might be best to wait till you’re no longer symptomatic.

Good luck :smile:
No, it’s ok. I had some shortness of breath on Wednesday but the symptoms have since disappeared. I have asthma, see, so it was very likely to just be my asthma acting up, but I didn’t want to take any chances so I got a test and have since been self isolating.
I’m just waiting on the result. If I come back negative I’ll just treat it as my asthma being sporadic and meet with my friend.
Thank you though :smile:
The tests are so unreliable that you may as well flip a coin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending