The Student Room Group
Reply 1
haha.. erm well it depends why your blushing.. if you like someone then I guess you cant really help it, but it may because you overheat or something.. I have the same problem sometimes.. I get a rouge in my cheeks... I guess its just natural.. girls can hide it with make up I guess or maybe if you get a tan..
I went through a stage of doing this in sixth form. It's a vicious cycle - I have really pale skin so any blush is obvious, then I knew I was blushing and would go even redder until I was a tomato and so forth. :rolleyes: I think it's just a self-confidence thing - I switched from an all girls' school to a predominately male sixth form. OP, have you gone through any recent change like this?

I hardly blush at all now - unless something majorly embarrassing happens! The way I stopped was wearing foundation so I knew the blush would be hidden a bit. After that, I stopped worrying. Obviously this isn't as good a solution if you're male, but there is male makeup you could get hold of for a while .... if you match it well enough with your skin tone, no one will ever know. :p:
Reply 3
I blush a lot too... even when I'm not aware of it and don't feel embarrassed! Although when I am, I really do glow (which is even worse imo when you have red hair as well).

Unfortunately I have no suggestions to help, although I will say that most people find frequent but 'normal' blushing cute.
I used to blush quite a bit when I was at upper school. I have really pale skin too so its obvious if I go red and it would be made worse by other (mean!) people pointing it out in class.... but I rarely if ever blush now so hopefully you'll grow out of it as you get older and become more confident?

Latest

Trending

Trending