Turn on thread page Beta

Blushing! watch

Announcements

I seem to be doing this more frequently now for some reason idk why :rolleyes:
    I know it's really a mind over body matter but does anyone have any advice to overcome this er... problem? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    haha.. erm well it depends why your blushing.. if you like someone then I guess you cant really help it, but it may because you overheat or something.. I have the same problem sometimes.. I get a rouge in my cheeks... I guess its just natural.. girls can hide it with make up I guess or maybe if you get a tan..

ReputationRep:
    I went through a stage of doing this in sixth form. It's a vicious cycle - I have really pale skin so any blush is obvious, then I knew I was blushing and would go even redder until I was a tomato and so forth. :rolleyes: I think it's just a self-confidence thing - I switched from an all girls' school to a predominately male sixth form. OP, have you gone through any recent change like this?

I hardly blush at all now - unless something majorly embarrassing happens! The way I stopped was wearing foundation so I knew the blush would be hidden a bit. After that, I stopped worrying. Obviously this isn't as good a solution if you're male, but there is male makeup you could get hold of for a while .... if you match it well enough with your skin tone, no one will ever know. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I blush a lot too... even when I'm not aware of it and don't feel embarrassed! Although when I am, I really do glow (which is even worse imo when you have red hair as well).

Unfortunately I have no suggestions to help, although I will say that most people find frequent but 'normal' blushing cute.

ReputationRep:
    I used to blush quite a bit when I was at upper school. I have really pale skin too so its obvious if I go red and it would be made worse by other (mean!) people pointing it out in class.... but I rarely if ever blush now so hopefully you'll grow out of it as you get older and become more confident?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.