Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just found out that I'm in Colman house, which one is it because I've forgotten. Is there any pictures of it about?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    'lo, i'm also in Colman. Found these:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...6&d=1111062206
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...7&d=1111062404
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...9&d=1111063767

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I found those a bit earlier too but I'd like to find a better one of the bedroom!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am actually staying in Colman at the moment so when I have tidied up a bit tomorrow I will try and take some decentish web cam pics of it and post them for you (if I remember sorry if I don't). It is nice, all the newer ensuite blocks are almost identical inside so thats - Britten, Paston, Colman, Victory, Kett, Browne etc, so if you see pics of any of these they will be the same pretty much. Hope that helps and will try to get pics to you tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawkt)
    Hi I am actually staying in Colman at the moment so when I have tidied up a bit tomorrow I will try and take some decentish web cam pics of it and post them for you (if I remember sorry if I don't). It is nice, all the newer ensuite blocks are almost identical inside so thats - Britten, Paston, Colman, Victory, Kett, Browne etc, so if you see pics of any of these they will be the same pretty much. Hope that helps and will try to get pics to you tomorrow

Thanks for that, I'll give you rep when you do

What are they like, is it like the kitchen on the bottom floor and floors above it with a hall and rooms coming off of it? Or is it like a lounge area with rooms coming off of it? I have no idea what to expect!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Its set up in flats, two per floor per section and each flat is arranged like a hallways with a kitchen at one end and then rooms on either side of the hall if that makes sense? In the flat I am in at the moment there are five rooms but I think it varies a lot from flat to flat about the size. In my first year I was in Britten House - same lay out and there were seven in our flat and eight in the flat next door. So there are 8 flats and then another entrance to the building a bit further along which leads to another 8 flats (4 floors). Does that make sense? See illustration (if you could call it that) below:

7 8 | 15 16 | etc
    5 6 | 13 14 |
    3 4 | 11 12 |
    1 2 | 9 10 |

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawkt)
    Its set up in flats, two per floor per section and each flat is arranged like a hallways with a kitchen at one end and then rooms on either side of the hall if that makes sense?
    So on the first floor, there are two sort of lounges either side of the floor with five rooms and a kitchen per 'lounge'?

Also what's in the kitchen and ensuite bathroom?

I'll try draw a pic of what I imagine it to be and attach it!

Attachment 57419

ReputationRep:
    Well there aren't any lounges but your picture is right apart fromt the fact that where you have written lounge it is just the hallway although we did at times use this as a communal space and sit out there - although normally we sat in the kitchen - but basically it is just a hallway with the rooms leading off of it. The kitchen has a table and chairs, hobs a microwave, a grill, a sink and a boiling hot water dispenser - no need for a kettle. Each person has their own food cupboard. There is a tall freezer and two smaller fridges. There is no oven but the microwave has this sort of functionality. The ensuite is quite basic a shower toilet and sink but perfectly sufficient.

Honestly dont worry about it you will enjoy it!!

ReputationRep:
    So here are some pics - well I will try to upload them

Name:  Photo 150.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  65.8 KB bathroom

Name:  Photo 148.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  72.5 KB bathroom again

Name:  Photo 152.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  77.0 KB room

Name:  Photo 158.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  74.7 KB room again

Name:  Photo 156.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  69.0 KB desk

hope these help sorry about poor quality its darkish in my room and only using built in webcam on mac

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Lawkt, you've been very helpful The least I could do is give you Rep

Aw you even got another gem!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow!)
    Thanks Lawkt, you've been very helpful The least I could do is give you Rep

Aw you even got another gem!
    You're doing maths too I see awesome that's what I do - my name comes from before uni when I thought I wanted to do law but I am actually about to go into the second year of maths! I love it here hope you will too. I am gonna be in Nelson Court though for the actual academic year this room is just temporary.

ReputationRep:
    my brother is in colman flat.
    well he was.
    hes in a house for this year somewhere i think...
    but i visted it twice and its really nice
    modern, new, clean...

ReputationRep:
    Coleman is really nice, rooms are small but cosy, kitchens are a good size with lots of storage space, its clean, modern and not too far away from the centre of uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.