Which school? HELP

Watch this thread
username5340542
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys, I have a hit of a dilemma. Long story short, I've been offered a place at a good school for sixthform but I've had to move house due to circumstances out of my control. I've moved to a place where the schools are extremely awful and I've worked so hard to get accepted to the school I was offered a place at, but now it's 1 hour away. You might not think it's that bad but I'm not the type of person who usually copes with long distance travels, especially to school. One of the subjects I might be taking at the good school might not be as good as the rest but the other school that's closer doesn't even offer it conveniently. Please help!
_bethan_
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I'd say go where you would be happiest, but I know it can be hard to decide sometimes. Think about where you will have the biggest support network, so the travelling may be bad but at least you have a close group of friends to enjoy college with, which can be really important - especially when going into an unknown environment (but if you want a fresh start, maybe the new school would be better - you'll meet new people and make new friends regardless). If you have worked really hard to get into the college (congratulations by the way for getting a place!), and at least two subjects are better there, then I would go for that one. It's not my decision, but it sounds like the third option will be difficult either way and personally, I would rather have a better education in the other two subjects and be with a group of people I know.

Hope this helps, and good luck wherever you choose to go!
username5340542
Rep:
(Original post by _bethan_)
Hi, I'd say go where you would be happiest, but I know it can be hard to decide sometimes. Think about where you will have the biggest support network, so the travelling may be bad but at least you have a close group of friends to enjoy college with, which can be really important - especially when going into an unknown environment (but if you want a fresh start, maybe the new school would be better - you'll meet new people and make new friends regardless). If you have worked really hard to get into the college (congratulations by the way for getting a place!), and at least two subjects are better there, then I would go for that one. It's not my decision, but it sounds like the third option will be difficult either way and personally, I would rather have a better education in the other two subjects and be with a group of people I know.

both schools are new to me but I'm just disappointed. At a levels you have to work really hard and I fear I won't have the energy to do anything after-school because I'm just the type of person to be really tired after school, especially if I have to travel long distances. Thanks for the reply though
username5340542
Rep:

The schools that's far seems a lot nicer in terms of people by the way.
_bethan_
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lina.aa)
The schools that's far seems a lot nicer in terms of people by the way.
Then don't let the distance be a barrier, which prevents you from being happy. I think you get a gut feeling when you decide on colleges and universities, and you shouldn't ignore that and go somewhere you will regret. But wherever you choose, I'm sure everything will work out.

Maybe do a pros and cons list?
username5340542
Rep:
Then don't let the distance be a barrier, which prevents you from being happy. I think you get a gut feeling when you decide on colleges and universities, and you shouldn't ignore that and go somewhere you will regret. But wherever you choose, I'm sure everything will work out.

Maybe do a pros and cons list?
my secondary school was not that far and I'd always come home drained and find it difficult to revise. I'm just worried I won't be able to and you know that you can't just not revise for a levels.
_bethan_
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lina.aa)
my secondary school was not that far and I'd always come home drained and find it difficult to revise. I'm just worried I won't be able to and you know that you can't just not revise for a levels.
You will get study periods in college, so you will have some revision either way. I would definitely talk this over with friends and family and do what you think is best for you. It doesn't matter how good the school is if you don't feel like your performing to the best of your ability.

I'm currently doing A-levels and their difficult, but they are manageable. Maybe see which school has the better exam boards/ course modules as well. If you are doing something you enjoy more, it will make it easier as well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads