The Student Room Group

Which degree has better career prospects??! Engineering or law

Which degree gives a better prospects??
I'd say law based off of what I've heard but I'm only like 1 year old so what would i know?
But seriously I've heard law degree students expand into loads of other jobs apart from lawyers.
https://www.allaboutlaw.co.uk/stage/what-can-i-do-with-a-law-degree/careers-with-a-law-degree
If any of these seem like candidates to you then a law degree would be good
Reply 2
Original post by Jeparlepas
I'd say law based off of what I've heard but I'm only like 1 year old so what would i know?
But seriously I've heard law degree students expand into loads of other jobs apart from lawyers.
https://www.allaboutlaw.co.uk/stage/what-can-i-do-with-a-law-degree/careers-with-a-law-degree
If any of these seem like candidates to you then a law degree would be good

The main things that puts me off law is that it’s very hard to find a job as a lawyer since it’s saturated?
Original post by Anonymous
The main things that puts me off law is that it’s very hard to find a job as a lawyer since it’s saturated?

...Well shoot now you're putting me off law
I'm only in GCSE man don't destroy my career hopes and dreams
I mean I guess it would depend what area of law you go into?
And with a law degree you don't have to go into law.
Seriously though you destroyed my dream. Thanks. -__-
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Jeparlepas
...Well shoot now you're putting me off law
I'm only in GCSE man don't destroy my career hopes and dreams
I mean I guess it would depend what area of law you go into?
And with a law degree you don't have to go into law.
Seriously though you destroyed my dream. Thanks. -__-

Sorry I guess it depends on how skilled you are in it but I have heard it’s hard to get into law firms.And yeah with a law degree you don’t have to do law and you won’t be a lawyer with just a law degree anyway.
I hope I haven’t put you off law, just cos lots of people find it hard doesn’t mean your going to be one of them.
Which degree gives a better prospects??

That's not a sensible way to choose a degree! What A levels are you doing/planning to do?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
That's not a sensible way to choose a degree! What A levels are you doing/planning to do?

I’m not just basing it on this but I would like to know if a degree in law is worth it in comparison to something like engineering. I take maths chemistry and biology
I’m not just basing it on this but I would like to know if a degree in law is worth it in comparison to something like engineering. I take maths chemistry and biology

I think there's more opportunity in Engineering ... but the two careers are very different. What do you think you will enjoy doing for 40 years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending