Is lack of self confidence a turn off?

Watch
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is not being confident/not believing in yourself a turn off for some people?
ShybutHi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
RealLifeJoker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unfortunately, yes
Endola
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To an extent yes, because if you're not even sure of yourself...how would the other person be sure of you ygm? It's similar to the concept of self-love.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
Is not being confident/not believing in yourself a turn off for some people?
Yes
emopotatodragon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on what kind of person the other party is. I find that confidant people gravitate towards non confidant people tho...opposites attract? Again, its true for some
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aye
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by ShybutHi)
Yes.
(Original post by RealLifeJoker)
Unfortunately, yes
(Original post by Endola)
To an extent yes, because if you're not even sure of yourself...how would the other person be sure of you ygm? It's similar to the concept of self-love.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, wtf.
(Original post by ecclesia chong)
Depends on what kind of person the other party is. I find that confidant people gravitate towards non confidant people tho...opposites attract? Again, its true for some
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Aye
What in particular makes it a turn off? And would you date someone with low confidence or does lack of confidence equal an instant no?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd say depends on the level. Cause you don't want someone to act cocky and arrogant, but at the same time you dont want to be weighed down constantly picking them up when doubt starts creeping in.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
I'd say depends on the level. Cause you don't want someone to act cocky and arrogant, but at the same time you dont want to be weighed down constantly picking them up when doubt starts creeping in.
Totally agree with this! I think it’s bad to say low confidence is an instant turn off, but I understand that a relationship isn’t really a relationship if all you do is constantly reassure your partner and keep picking them up!!
Legomenon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Absolutely not for me. But for most other people, yes, it's a turn off.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
It comes across as creepy, guys with low self esteem are more likely to be rapist.
Well that’s a weird and untrue statement but ok😂
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
They're more likely to compliment a lady, but not able to accept rejection, therefore rape will happen.
Or they’d just not pursue anything with said woman? Shy and insecure guys don’t equal rapists????
emopotatodragon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
What in particular makes it a turn off? And would you date someone with low confidence or does lack of confidence equal an instant no?
As long as you like the person why not? I don't see lack of confidence as a huge problem, its something that can be slowly built up over time when you are with said person. Only issue is, some people may see it as a uh, inconvenience? Idk man, cos I never considered lack of self-confidence as a dating criteria
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
(Original post by emopotatodragon)
As long as you like the person why not? I don't see lack of confidence as a huge problem, its something that can be slowly built up over time when you are with said person. Only issue is, some people may see it as a uh, inconvenience? Idk man, cos I never considered lack of self-confidence as a dating criteria
Totally agree!!
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Your statement is very unlikely, most shy guys are creeps.
That’s generalising haha! I think shy guys are just shy, rapists are rapists.
emopotatodragon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They're more likely to compliment a lady, but not able to accept rejection, therefore rape will happen.
what in the world made you jump to that conclusion????
Ensoetre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep. If they lack confidence they’re probs also insecure and too clingy which can be a burden.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is if it gives provides an impression of being awkward, insecure, creepy or desperate.
Just as being excessively confident is a turn off that usually gives the impression of arrogance, a gigantic ego, thuggish or juvenile personality.
Jessicaa12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (114)
25.91%
Better than expected (92)
20.91%
Worse than expected (234)
53.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed