nichhay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I don't want to go to my firm choice university anymore, should I wait until results day or should I email that university telling them I want to be released into clearing?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nichhay)
I don't want to go to my firm choice university anymore, should I wait until results day or should I email that university telling them I want to be released into clearing?
Hey. I'm assuming that you're still waiting for your A-Level results and if that's the case, it would be much better if you wait until A-Level results day. This is because you will have received your results and can proceed to call unis in Clearing first before declining your place at either your firm or insurance. Obviously, when your calling unis in Clearing, you need to ensure that they've given you a verbal offer before you proceed to decline your place and add the offer via Clearing. Also, if you don't get into either your firm/insurance, you'll end up straight in Clearing. Hope this helps.
nichhay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hey. I'm assuming that you're still waiting for your A-Level results and if that's the case, it would be much better if you wait until A-Level results day. This is because you will have received your results and can proceed to call unis in Clearing first before declining your place at either your firm or insurance. Obviously, when your calling unis in Clearing, you need to ensure that they've given you a verbal offer before you proceed to decline your place and add the offer via Clearing. Also, if you don't get into either your firm/insurance, you'll end up straight in Clearing. Hope this helps.
Thank You , I was just worried that if i wait until results day to decline my offers it'd take long for the university to release me into clearing (if they do give me an offer) and then ill end up with no place on the course I want to get on.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank You , I was just worried that if i wait until results day to decline my offers it'd take long for the university to release me into clearing (if they do give me an offer) and then ill end up with no place on the course I want to get on.
You can self release into Clearing now - a button appears on Track once your choice becomes unconditional
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No worries. In the last UCAS cycle (last year), they introduced a new feature called 'decline my place' on UCAS Track which allows applicants to decline their place without having to phone up that particular uni. Thus, no hassle. I used it myself on results day when I got into my insurance (didn't want to go there) and collected my results. I phoned York (my current uni) in Clearing who gave me a verbal offer before proceeding to decline my place at my insurance - UCAS does this automatically. Then you'll find yourself in Clearing with a Clearing number - you just need to add your Clearing choice on UCAS Track. Make sure you got confirmation of a verbal offer first otherwise it won't be accepted. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.32%
I'm not sure (3)
2.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (41)
32.28%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (58)
45.67%

Watched Threads