Student Finance late applications information

Watch
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello Everyone

Happy Friday, please see the information from student finance for late application.

The deadline for applying for full-time undergraduate student finance for new and continuing students has passed. However, this deadline is only a guideline for getting money in time for the start of term. Students can still apply for student finance and they should do so as soon as possible.

There are 2 main consequences of applying late:

1. Students may not get their money in time for the start of term.
2. The initial student finance students receive may not be based on their household income, meaning they’ll get the minimum amount of funding (they’ll get the rest of their money later if they’re eligible for more).

Applications can take up to 6 weeks to be processed. The quicker students apply, the sooner they’ll get their money when their course starts. It is quick and easy to apply online.

Students in England should apply here

Students in Wales should apply here

We understand there are a lot of uncertainties for students at the moment, but they should still apply for student finance. Students can change their application online if they change their mind about going back to study or where they’ll be studying.

Please visit student finance social media channels where they are sharing useful information for students who’ve applied late.

Hope this helps

Furtunà
moaininegmail
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by UniofGreenwich)
Hello Everyone

Happy Friday, please see the information from student finance for late application.

The deadline for applying for full-time undergraduate student finance for new and continuing students has passed. However, this deadline is only a guideline for getting money in time for the start of term. Students can still apply for student finance and they should do so as soon as possible.

There are 2 main consequences of applying late:

1. Students may not get their money in time for the start of term.
2. The initial student finance students receive may not be based on their household income, meaning they’ll get the minimum amount of funding (they’ll get the rest of their money later if they’re eligible for more).

Applications can take up to 6 weeks to be processed. The quicker students apply, the sooner they’ll get their money when their course starts. It is quick and easy to apply online.

Students in England should apply here

Students in Wales should apply here

We understand there are a lot of uncertainties for students at the moment, but they should still apply for student finance. Students can change their application online if they change their mind about going back to study or where they’ll be studying.

Please visit student finance social media channels where they are sharing useful information for students who’ve applied late.

Hope this helps

Furtunà
so if someone applied 6 weeks before their course starts they would get the correct amount of money right.
riaz35
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I have a question regarding student finance. I received the minimum rather than what I was meant to have received since one of the 2 sponsors I gave didn't receive any letters from SLC. Is there anything I could do to rectify this?

Just to clarify I received a letter confirming that I received the minimum and its also on my page
Last edited by riaz35; 6 months ago
Wilkinsons11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
So if I am waiting for unis to get back to me with an offer (only applied on July 6th and already have my results) is it better to begin finance application now even though I don’t know which of two unis I’ll be going to? Is it simple to go back and alter that part?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Wilkinsons11)
So if I am waiting for unis to get back to me with an offer (only applied on July 6th and already have my results) is it better to begin finance application now even though I don’t know which of two unis I’ll be going to? Is it simple to go back and alter that part?
Yes

Put in your best guess of university/course. It is simple to change that detail after applying if you guess wrong.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by moaininegmail)
so if someone applied 6 weeks before their course starts they would get the correct amount of money right.
It isn’t guaranteed at all. I wouldn’t recommend waiting so late to apply unless you have the funds to cover your first term costs from savings.
Wilkinsons11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes

Put in your best guess of university/course. It is simple to change that detail after applying if you guess wrong.
Thank you. Even from a four year to a three year course? I’ll submit it today then.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you. Even from a four year to a three year course? I’ll submit it today then.
Yes. Changes are much quicker to sort than applying from scratch only when you are 100% certain
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Exactly as PQ said. You can change the details of the programme later on so it's best to make the application sooner rather than later.

Mo
Wilkinsons11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks for all the advice, application submitted and approved The issue I have now is that when I’ve gone to change the course (got into my original choice today) the course on gov.uk doesn’t exactly match with its code. It’s nearly the same but instead of being a four year course with foundation year it’s coming up as a five year course with with sandwich year. Does this matter from a finance point of view?
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by moaininegmail)
Hello moaininegmail

Yes, they will get the correct amount however students may not get their money in time for the start of term
Debmoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hello there, I’m wondering if you can advise me to do with my sons student finance, my son lives with his father and applied for student finance and was awarded it during 2019, his father since reapplied last year but didn’t send the appropriate information and found this out later, for whatever reason since sept 2020 my sons loan had been halved and he is finding it extremely difficult to cope, his dad has been chasing it up but they only say there is a backlog and to keep checking, still no joy, we are now jan 2021 and this hasn’t been rectified, please advise 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (18)
13.74%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.66%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.27%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.05%

Watched Threads