Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I decided i will not get the Nokia6500 slide.

now it looks like it[s between the SEK770i or the SEW890i.

so which one ..... also it says that there is internal memory and memory card in box. In the case of SEW890i the internal memory is 32MB and the memory card in box is 2GB.

Is the box one the one where you have to buy a memory deice that can fill upto 2gb or do they provide that with the phone? And if they do why have internal memory? I don't get this memory stuff and I have a bad memory lol so can someone explain this memory stuff please.

Cheers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OK, i know some sites tell you that'll you'll get such and such in the box but that's not always the case i.e some sites might say a memory card is included in the box, it depends on what country i think.

The internal memory is for things like text messages, default ringtones and videos, themes, wallpapers and screensavers etc. Your memory card (in this case 2GB) is slotted into your device (in this case, a phone) alowing you to store more media such as music.

ReputationRep:
    spikeymike what's your opinion on both phones?

also is 2gb good? how many photos is that appox? i just don't want to have to buy memory after buying the phone so it would be god if there was enough memory on the phone already if that makes sense.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    2GB = 2048mb - Ok, so both phones are 3.2 megapixels, each photo is approx 100-500kb depending on the resolution used, you can get at least 4000 photos at 500kb per photo.

2 x 500kb = ~1mb (so every 1mb gives you 2 photos, so if there's 2048mb, you get 2 x 2048 = 4096 photos)

The K770i is a cybershot phone, it's more a photgraphers phone where as the w890i is a walkman phone is more designed to suit people who listen to music often.

ReputationRep:
    i like the look of the w890i but the music side doesn't actually interest me. whereas i am more interested in the photo side but i don't really like the look of the k770i, it looks ugly!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    K800i?
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...overview/k800i

ReputationRep:
    my mum, of all people, has a K770i, and the camera is nowhere near as good as the camera on my K800i - the xenon flash > LED fill light thing comes into play again.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.