Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam - Send us your questions

Watch
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey everyone,

We’re working with our accommodation providers to ensure that all government guidance is followed to provide you with a safe and comfortable living environment next academic year. :h:

If you have any questions about accommodation at Sheffield Hallam let us know below. Are you looking for your flat mates or people living in your halls? Post in our official Accommodation thread with your accommodation options to find applicants who have chosen the same choices as you! :itsme:

-Rachel and Ella
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 1 year ago
Yammynoob
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are your policies on overnight guests? Thanks!
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hey everyone,

We’re working with our accommodation providers to ensure that all government guidance is followed to provide you with a safe and comfortable living environment next academic year. :h:

If you have any questions about accommodation at Sheffield Hallam let us know below. Are you looking for your flat mates or people living in your halls? Post in our official Accommodation thread with your accommodation options to find applicants who have chosen the same choices as you! :itsme:

-Rachel and Ella
There was someone asking about Devonshire court and they were extremely worried as the reviews are very mixed. Some people were very happy and other reviews were lets say very poor. The issue appears to be some of it has been refurbished and some of it has not but people are charged the same even though the unrefurbished part is allegedly really poor. This obviously leaves many residents feeling ripped off by being charged the same.

Is there a way to tell whether your flat/ studio has been refurbished or not?
How much of Devonshire court has been refurbished?
When is it to be completed by?
When did refurbishment start?
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yammynoob)
What are your policies on overnight guests? Thanks!
Hi Yammynoob, most of our accommodation have a sign and sign out sheet for guests, you simply sign your guest in at reception when they arrive and sign them out when they leave. Some may have restrictions one how long guests can stay. For specific information on certain halls please email [email protected] You can see more frequently asked questions on our Accommodation FAQs page. Let me know if you have any other questions about studying at Hallam!
- Ella
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
There was someone asking about Devonshire court and they were extremely worried as the reviews are very mixed. Some people were very happy and other reviews were lets say very poor. The issue appears to be some of it has been refurbished and some of it has not but people are charged the same even though the unrefurbished part is allegedly really poor. This obviously leaves many residents feeling ripped off by being charged the same.

Is there a way to tell whether your flat/ studio has been refurbished or not?
How much of Devonshire court has been refurbished?
When is it to be completed by?
When did refurbishment start?
Hi 999tigger, I appreciate your concern, please can you send me the thread this student posted in and I can pass it onto our accommodation team so they can look into this. All of our halls are privately owned and are only affiliated with the university, but we have a duty of care to pass on these sort of concerns. If the student has any direct questions in the mean time they can email [email protected]
- Ella
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 1 year ago
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Hi 999tigger, I appreciate your concern, please can you send me the thread this student posted in and I can pass it onto our accomodation team so they can look into this. All of our halls are privately owned and are only affiliated with the university, but we have a duty of care to pass on these sort of concerns. If the student has any direct questions in the mean time they can email [email protected]
- Ella
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...ght=devonshire
Rep:
?
Hey everyone, we have a weekly live chat on Wednesdays 1-4pm where you have the chance to speak to one our accommodation advisers who will be happy to answer any questions you may have about student halls.

- Ella
Yammynoob
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Yammynoob, most of our accommodation have a sign and sign out sheet for guests, you simply sign your guest in at reception when they arrive and sign them out when they leave. Some may have restrictions one how long guests can stay. For specific information on certain halls please email [email protected] You can see more frequently asked questions on our Accommodation FAQs page. Let me know if you have any other questions about studying at Hallam!
- Ella
In the twodios are the self contained flats available for undergraduates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yammynoob)
In the twodios are the self contained flats available for undergraduates
Hello Yammynoob

All of our accommodation is open for Undergraduate students, you can look at our accommodation options on our website, alternatively if you have other questions you can use our weekly live chat to speak to our accommodation advisers.

- Rachel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads