Have satellite TV - Medium

Sounds about right
Family income Very high
Interest in current affairs Very high
Housing - with mortgage Medium
Educated - to degree Very high
Couples with children High
Have satellite TV Low

Well, I live in Cambridge, so it's about what I expected.
Reply 162
Mum's:

Family income - Medium
Interest in current affairs - Low
Housing - with mortgage - Very high
Educated - to degree - Low
Couples with children - Very high
Have satellite TV - High

Dad's:

Family income - Medium
Interest in current affairs - Medium
Housing - with mortgage - Low
Educated - to degree - Medium
Couples with children - Medium
Have satellite TV - High

Innit.
Reply 163
My Newcastle appartment:

Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be young couples living in flats and terraces. These are known as type 24 in the ACORN classification and 1.15% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Neighbourhoods fitting this profile are found in large numbers in Outer London (Hillingdon, Sutton) as well in towns like Milton Keynes, Basildon, Colchester, Watford and Falkirk.

Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:

Family income Medium
Interest in current affairs Low
Housing - with mortgage High
Educated - to degree Medium
Couples with children Low
Have satellite TV Medium
Family income High
Educated - to degree High
Couples with children Very high
Have satellite TV Very high

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will live in crowded flats in multi-ethnic areas. These are known as type 56 in the ACORN classification and 1.04% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Neighbourhoods fitting this profile are almost exclusively found in London, in areas like Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Southwark. The only other place with significant numbers outside of London is central Birmingham. Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:

Family income Low
Housing - with mortgage Very low
Couples with children Medium
Have satellite TV Low

These urban areas contain large numbers of young, multi-ethnic families, many of whom are single parent families. This type has very high numbers of under fives. A quarter of the people in this type are Afro-Caribbean, and 10% are Bangladeshi. There is also a significant student population sharing flats.

70% of the housing is purpose built blocks of flats. The flats tend to have one or two bedrooms and are rented from the council or housing associations. The large numbers of children living in these small flats make these homes the most overcrowded in the UK.

Unemployment levels are high, although given the large numbers of lone parents with children under school age, a high proportion of people are not on the job market at all. The working population tends to be employed in retail jobs and basic occupations, where the skill levels required are relatively low.

With low incomes and living in the city, car ownership levels are low and people use public transport. Money is primarily spent on the children and there is little left for luxuries. Religion is an important part of the social life of some of the ethnic minority population.

They read newspapers and the Daily Mirror, The Guardian and Independent are popular. They may also have cable TV at home and other interests include buying clothes.
Reply 166
Family income Very high
Interest in current affairs High
Educated - to degree High
Have satellite TV High

May apply to the majority of houses around here, but not mine :/
Family income Low
Interest in current affairs Very low
Housing - with mortgage Low
Educated - to degree Very low
Have satellite TV Medium

Don't know how they figure this out - find it quite insulting really :P lol.
'Type 1' ftw :smile:

Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be wealthy mature professionals living in large houses. These are known as type 1 in the ACORN classification and 1.7% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Family income Very high
Have satellite TV High
Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will live in crowded flats in multi-ethnic areas. These are known as type 56 in the ACORN classification and 1.04% of the UK’s population live in this type.

Neighbourhoods fitting this profile are almost exclusively found in London, in areas like Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Southwark. The only other place with significant numbers outside of London is central Birmingham. Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:

Family income Low
Housing - with mortgage Very low
Have satellite TV Low

These urban areas contain large numbers of young, multi-ethnic families, many of whom are single parent families. This type has very high numbers of under fives. A quarter of the people in this type are Afro-Caribbean, and 10% are Bangladeshi. There is also a significant student population sharing flats.

70% of the housing is purpose built blocks of flats. The flats tend to have one or two bedrooms and are rented from the council or housing associations. The large numbers of children living in these small flats make these homes the most overcrowded in the UK.

Unemployment levels are high, although given the large numbers of lone parents with children under school age, a high proportion of people are not on the job market at all. The working population tends to be employed in retail jobs and basic occupations, where the skill levels required are relatively low.

With low incomes and living in the city, car ownership levels are low and people use public transport. Money is primarily spent on the children and there is little left for luxuries. Religion is an important part of the social life of some of the ethnic minority population.

They read newspapers and the Daily Mirror, The Guardian and Independent are popular. They may also have cable TV at home and other interests include buying clothes.

Nice.
Reply 170
I won't bother posting it, as for my area, along with everyone else's, no-one cares.
ooh mine's is not bad...better than i thought it would be anywho

Family income Very high
Have satellite TV Low

Boring long bit...These people live in affluent urban areas, where large attractive houses have often been converted into flats. Whilst many do own their home, the proportion of rented accommodation is relatively high.

People in this type are very highly qualified; one in four have postgraduate and professional qualifications. They work in professional and senior managerial occupations, with many spending very long hours at work.

Most residents are either young singles or couples. There are very few children and those there are tend to be under five, which suggests that young families move on from these areas.

As one of the highest earning types, they have relatively high disposable incomes. They invest in a broad range of products including high interest accounts, ISAs, and stocks and shares. They are comfortable using the Internet to do their financial research.

In the winter, this type is the most likely to go skiing. They will then take at least one other holiday which is usually foreign and often far flung. When at home they take advantage of the range of theatre and arts available to them from living in the city. They also enjoy good food and wine, both at home and in restaurants.

They are interested in current affairs and are very likely to buy a daily paper, which they probably read as they commute to work. They usually choose from The Guardian, Independent, The Times and Financial Times. At the weekend they like The Sunday Times and Observer.

Mine:

Here is an overview of the likely preferences and features of your neighbourhood:
Family income Low
Educated - to degree Very Low
Have satellite TV Medium

Incomes are low. People have few, if any educational qualifications and their routine jobs are in shops and factories. Unemployment is high, and, despite the overall youthfulness of these areas, there are a number of people suffering long-term illness.

People generally live in terraced houses and purpose built low-rise flats. Homes are rented from either the local council or Housing Association. They are typically two bedroom and thus quite crowded for the size of household.

People in this type are on tight budgets and food bills are low relative to the size of the families. However, children are given the odd fast food treat. Phone bills are much smaller than average, and people make use of the finance options of catalogue shopping.

A number feel they are likely to require a loan in the near future. Betting and the lottery are perceived to offer the chance of more money and a better standard of living.

Leisure activities are restricted to low cost activities such as angling, bingo, listening to music and watching television. There is some uptake of cable TV and digital television.

It really makes it sound like a great place to live, doesn't it lol?! Whilst money isn't always around, it isn't such a bad area and I'd love to know where these factories are - there used to be jam factory but that shut a few years ago - I can't think of any others nearby.

Oh well, it makes for interesting reading I suppose.

:smile:
Reply 173
Family income Very high
Have satellite TV Low

pretty accurate
Family income: Very low
Interest in current affairs: Very low
Housing - with mortgage: Very low
Educated - to degree: Very low
Couples with children: Low
Have satellite TV: Low

Erm... that doesn't look to good... :no:
Reply 175
Family income Low
Educated - to degree Low
Have satellite TV Medium

Not bad considering i live in the a - hole of the world
not that i live in london anymore, though we still own it.
Family income Very high
Couples with children Very low
Have satellite TV Low
Family income High
Interest in current affairs Medium
Have satellite TV High

Profile for ST10 4RH
Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be well-off managers living in detached house

not suprising really
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Family income: Very low
Interest in current affairs: Very low
Housing - with mortgage: Very low
Educated - to degree: Very low
Couples with children: Low
Have satellite TV: Low

Erm... that doesn't look to good... :no:

Aww, i thought i was gonna win :frown:

Family income Very low
Interest in current affairs Very low