lilabs364
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For Applied Science, I do both the normal certificate as well as the extended certificate but for these two qualifications do I get graded individually or overall. So, for example if For a Pass in the extended cert. the UCAS points is 16 points and for the norm cert. for a pass = 8 points. So overall would your grade be the total of 24 UCAS points or not?
CaramelCamel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I think so, yes. Some universities and employers might have different requirements for BTECs compared to A-levels so it's a good idea to ask any specific organisations you want to go to or work for whether that would be accepted. I presume you would be fine to count it as just the same as the extended BTEC worth 3 A-levels, but I haven't heard of anyone else doing the single and double certificates separate so I couldn't say for sure. Checking it using the UCAS Tariff Calculator might be helpful.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are taking more than one BTEC in the same subject then only the larger one will count.

(BTECs are Pearson Edexcel qualifications, not AQA.)
lilabs364
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Compost we acc do the extended and certs for applied sciences with the exam board being AQA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (84)
24.93%
Better than expected (73)
21.66%
Worse than expected (180)
53.41%

Watched Threads