Grey_Angel
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’ve applied for student loan and got it approved but I didn’t apply for maintenance however, now I think I’ll need it. So can I apply for it mid term or do I have to wait another year for it
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Grey_Angel)
Hi, I’ve applied for student loan and got it approved but I didn’t apply for maintenance however, now I think I’ll need it. So can I apply for it mid term or do I have to wait another year for it
You can apply for a maintenance loan up to 9 months after the start of each academic year.
The sooner you apply the better though.
Grey_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You can apply for a maintenance loan up to 9 months after the start of each academic year.
The sooner you apply the better though.
So I can apply anytime in those 9 months

Also can I enter my own financial details
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So I can apply anytime in those 9 months

Also can I enter my own financial details
What do you mean? You are asked certain questions about your finances as the student applying but if you are classed as dependent then your parents have to supply their financial information for you to get the income assessed portion of the loan
Grey_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
What do you mean? You are asked certain questions about your finances as the student applying but if you are classed as dependent then your parents have to supply their financial information for you to get the income assessed portion of the loan
Am planning on living in student accommodation s so that would make be independent right?... I mean I don’t live with my parents and my cares don’t wanna give me their details
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Am planning on living in student accommodation s so that would make be independent right?... I mean I don’t live with my parents and my cares don’t wanna give me their details
Living in halls doesn’t make you independent. If you don’t get your parents to supply their financial information then you will only get the basic minimum loan amount.

The reasons to be classed as independent are:
Over 25
Supported yourself financially for 36 months before the start of your course
Orphaned
Irreconcilably estranged (no contact at all) from your parents - usually for a minimum of 12 months
Married/civil partnered
Parent of a child
Grey_Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Living in halls doesn’t make you independent. If you don’t get your parents to supply their financial information then you will only get the basic minimum loan amount.

The reasons to be classed as independent are:
Over 25
Supported yourself financially for 36 months before the start of your course
Orphaned
Irreconcilably estranged (no contact at all) from your parents - usually for a minimum of 12 months
Married/civil partnered
Parent of a child
Okay thanks a lot for your help
Like always TSR is the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (80)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (71)
34.13%
Look for a job (6)
2.88%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.37%
Take a year out (31)
14.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise