bluebottleboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi forum, are there any people here who have been interviewed for a PGCE (computing) at Canterbury Christ church uni? I have one in a few weeks over skype and wanted to see if anyone can give me a few pointers. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not for this specific course, but there are some tips on this thread that you might find useful: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6193808
Get into Teaching
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bluebottleboy)
Hi forum, are there any people here who have been interviewed for a PGCE (computing) at Canterbury Christ church uni? I have one in a few weeks over skype and wanted to see if anyone can give me a few pointers. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Hi bluebottleboy

Our Teacher Training Advisers can support you in preparing for your interviews. While we can't say how this particular provider will conduct their interviews, here is some general advice.

Typical questions asked at a teacher training interview

1. How would you ensure the welfare of your students?
2. Think of a poor teaching lesson you have observed - how could you have improved it?
3. How would you make your subject interesting to less able pupils?
4. How would you deal with an extremely disruptive pupil in one of your lessons?
5. What makes a good lesson?
6. Think about a teacher who influenced you positively – what was special about them?
7. What worries you about teaching?
8. How can you use the skills you have used in your previous employment to help you in your role as a teacher?
9. Can you pick a current educational issue and tell me a bit more about this?
10. How would you ensure that you respect and include people from all different backgrounds?

When thinking of the answers to the questions in the formal interview, I recommend that you persistently refer to any time spent in a school. This will highlight your knowledge of the day to day working of a school environment and allow you to demonstrate your reflective and analytical ability.
Examples to think of should include good practice of classroom/behaviour management, having high expectations of students, monitoring the progress of learning and provide equal opportunities for students to access the curriculum.

For an adviser to help you more specifically with the tasks you are asked to prepare, register here or call 0800 389 2500.

All the best in your interview!

Jane
TiffSlade
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not this specific course but I prepare for my PGCE secondary maths interview with these questions
https://www.studential.com/universit...PGCE-questions
They helped me to really think through the possible questions that I might get asked and what kind of thing I wanted to talk about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (86)
25.15%
Better than expected (73)
21.35%
Worse than expected (183)
53.51%

Watched Threads