Turn on thread page Beta

Good A2 Resources watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished AS Sociology and got an A, so I will be continuing this through to A2.

However, I study this as a distance learning course, because my college can't be bothered to find A) a teacher for the course and B) another college in the local area offering the course which I can attend the lessons for.

I have the Haralambos and Holborn book, but I wondered what resources (I.e. books, websites etc) are used within schools as a learning tool?

Another problem is my college library do not stock sociology books as in the words of the librarian "I do not have money to waste on books that will be used by only one or two people, I have to stock a library suitable for 11 - 18."

I can get by on the limited resources I have, but I love this subject and want to study it in more depth and detail and focus on it more. Last year it was definately a back burner subject as I had no pressure to complete any work.

So, after a lengthy post, any links, book titles, authors etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you studying for? Go to their website and download the syllabus and reading list. If you can't find it, ask and I'll point you in the right direction.

Haralambos is a very comprehensive book but some areas are not covered. But it should serve you well otherwise.

Ad

ReputationRep:
    s-cool.co.uk is a really useful website with sociology revision aids I used it all the time in as and achieved an A, Im also carrying on to a2 this year

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.