hash_901
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I may be doing a BTEC level 3 science next year ,I’ve already done as levels but think I’ve failed so I will be doing a BTEC for the next 2 years,will this look bad on my application to uni??I hope to get really high grades in the btec
watermelon16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Achieve high grades just as someone would for their a-levels and it'll look great on your application. Ultimately, it does depend on what you want to study and what university you want to go to however many many universities are fine with it.

I was happy with my decision to do a BTEC in Applied Science and I am now a physiotherapy student
Good luck!
hash_901
Rep:
?
Hey,appreciate the response,so it wouldn’t look bad if I have done 3 years at college even though my grades meet entry requirements?
watermelon16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hash_901)
Hey,appreciate the response,so it wouldn’t look bad if I have done 3 years at college even though my grades meet entry requirements?
No, if anything it shows that you as an applicant are determined to achieve and study a course and have been willing to put in some extra years of college in order to get yourself to university. Universities will also know that no one is perfect, and that you may well have your own reasons for not being successful the first time round. Put it this way, if you have the qualifications to do the course there is no way they can deny you in regards to lack of qualification.

And don't forget, your personal statement including some work experience mention will also give you a boost when it comes to applying.
Last edited by watermelon16; 4 weeks ago
hash_901
Rep:
?
(Original post by watermelon16)
No, if anything it shows that you as an applicant are determined to achieve and study a course and have been willing to put in some extra years of college in order to get yourself to university. Universities will also know that no one is perfect, and that you may well have your own reasons for not being successful the first time round. Put it this way, if you have the qualifications to do the course there is no way they can deny you in regards to lack of qualification.

And don't forget, your personal statement including some work experience mention will also give you a boost when it comes to applying.
Thank you so much appreciate it highly,hope my as levels grade are good so I carry on to next year,if not I’ll do a btec and work extremely hard to get all distinctions.
watermelon16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hash_901)
Thank you so much appreciate it highly,hope my as levels grade are good so I carry on to next year,if not I’ll do a btec and work extremely hard to get all distinctions.
That's great best of luck to you either way!
hash_901
Rep:
?
(Original post by watermelon16)
That's great best of luck to you either way!
And you!Appreciate that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.2%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.92%
Look for a job (19)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.06%

Watched Threads