Turn on thread page Beta

This thread is just because I need help in figuring something out.

Okay, so for the past 3 or so years I've been friends with this girl. We sat next to each other in Spanish where she would "playfully" prod me in the arm with a pen and push me about in a polite manner. Not some kind of bully beating me up - I wouldn't stand for that :yep:.

We were friends still over the next 3 or so years where we'd joke about, sit next to each other and generally just have a laugh. But what I want to know is if she liked me as a friend or something more.

We drifted apart slightly at the end of this school year and only started talking again recently. Shes moved to her dads house in the next town over and now goes to another college but we keep in touch. The real thng that I cant get my head around is she used to always say things like "i love you" "babes" "darlin" to me yet shes a very bubbly kind of girl so I don't know if thats just her or she was being truthful. :woo:

Any help please?

ReputationRep:
    usually when girls tease like that it means they like you. sometimes it doesnt. by the sounds of it, she liked you :P
    but perhaps now you guys don't talk as much she might just like u as a friend.
    anyway, best of luck

ReputationRep:
    If I was to act that way with a guy, I'd almost certainly either have a crush on him, or quite literally fancy the pants off him.

You're in there mate.

ReputationRep:
    seems like shes trying to provoke you into hitting on her, as is the technique most girls use.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    If I was to act that way with a guy, I'd almost certainly either have a crush on him, or quite literally fancy the pants off him.

You're in there mate.
    Well thats both good and bad news really. Good that people believe me when I think she liked me, yet bad because I missed my chance Another thing is she told my friend that she liked me, yet told her own friend a few days later she didnt. Now I dont know if she was lieing to my friend or hers but this just confused me more!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    i'd say most probably, although seeing as i guess your only chatting now there's no way you can tell if those feelings are there seeing as the only thing you've given us to go on is the pen prodding and names!
    does she still call you those names?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well thats both good and bad news really. Good that people believe me when I think she liked me, yet bad because I missed my chance Another thing is she told my friend that she liked me, yet told her own friend a few days later she didnt. Now I dont know if she was lieing to my friend or hers but this just confused me more!:woo:
    You should just ask her whether she likes you

ReputationRep:
    This thread is just because I need help in figuring something out.

Okay, so for the past 3 or so years I've been friends with this girl. We sat next to each other in Spanish where she would "playfully" prod me in the arm with a pen and push me about in a polite manner. Not some kind of bully beating me up - I wouldn't stand for that :yep:.

We were friends still over the next 3 or so years where we'd joke about, sit next to each other and generally just have a laugh. But what I want to know is if she liked me as a friend or something more.

We drifted apart slightly at the end of this school year and only started talking again recently. Shes moved to her dads house in the next town over and now goes to another college but we keep in touch. The real thng that I cant get my head around is she used to always say things like "i love you" "babes" "darlin" to me yet shes a very bubbly kind of girl so I don't know if thats just her or she was being truthful. :woo:

Any help please?

while indeed she may indeed like you it's hard to say ..in the past i've known females to use similar sorts of language when talking to me but I do not think they fancied me ..looking back I just think it was the way they were.

as to the "I love you" comment, it all depends on how it was said. someone can say "I love you" in a tone that implies they appreciate you or are are thanking you for something, ...or it can be said in a deeper more meaningful tone that would suggest she really did love you.

(Original post by chr15chr15)
    i'd say most probably, although seeing as i guess your only chatting now there's no way you can tell if those feelings are there seeing as the only thing you've given us to go on is the pen prodding and names!
    does she still call you those names?
    Not really but she did admit to crying after we had a little argument and said I was one of her "best friends" soo..

(Original post by T kay)
    You should just ask her whether she likes you
    I'll admit this is by far the simplest way, but I'm worried it would make the friendship feel a bit awkward so I haven't tried the direct approach yet. Soon maybe...

ReputationRep:
    If

x < ab

where

x = value of your friendship as it is
    a = value of your potential relationship
    b = chances of it working

then go for it

ReputationRep:
    Not really but she did admit to crying after we had a little argument and said I was one of her "best friends" soo..
    Not good in your case.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a party with her.
    Wait til she's drunk.
    Talk to her.

See what happens.

..or maybe not since it might screw up the friendship but, listen to the guy above with this formula.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this means she considers you one of her best friends?

I act like this with guy friends I am comfortable with, therefore, guys I DO NOT fancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rehehelly)
    Go to a party with her.
    Wait til she's drunk.
    Talk to her.

See what happens.

..or maybe not since it might screw up the friendship but, listen to the guy above with this formula.
    Totoro! :love:

Oh, erm, on-topic, yeah talk to her OP, but not to a level that your friendship is ruined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Totoro! :love:
    One of the only movies that made me smile, inside. Love it.

I act like this with guy friends I am comfortable with, therefore, guys I DO NOT fancy.
    Well that puts a proverbial iron rod in the cogs. I might just go with the plan of asking her if she does like me. Worst that happens is she replied with a laugh and slams the phone down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)

You're in there mate.
    Thank god for girls like you (assuming you are a girl).

A true golden moment, chaps: insight into the female brain. Unfathomable to most.

Rare. My day is complete.

ReputationRep:

This has ruined my golden moment. I feel crushed and confused.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

make a tape declaring your undying love to her and give it to her

advantages: If it works you'll have a good story to one day tell the grandkids

Disadvantages: If it all goes terribly wrong ..you won't ever get to see her again ..unless you wanna risk jail and breech that restraining order she'd of taken out against you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.