The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd still study hard and try get my degree, but damn it would be so so good if I suddenly came into great wealth!
Came into wealth now or later?

As long as I got enough to get me though uni i'd keep working just as hard
Reply 3
being honest I would go with B.
C
i'd continue with my degree as usual and buy a beautiful flat in the centre of london and have a nice holiday from time to time while i'm studying!
Reply 5
I'd pick C). I love maths too much. But it'd be so good, because I wouldn't have to worry about anything financially. In fact, being richer would probably enhance my studies.
Reply 6
C

I will most likely be completely broke after my studies whether I do a PhD or MBBS, after finishing my BSc. But I don't care.
Reply 7
My course isn't 'academia', but C.
Reply 8
damn it i'd get a degree, i've worked so hard in the run up GCSE's Alevels ect that i'd feel it would all be wasted otherwise
i probably wouldn't do a lot with it though
seeing as i have great wealth and all
Reply 9
uggycom
It seems to me that the majority of students only thrive to get excellent grades so that they have a better chance of wealth later on in their lives.

However, if you suddenly cam into wealth, would you:

A) Not bother with academic studies and enjoy your wealth and life?

B) Continue with your studies but not try as hard?

C) Keep working at your studies as if no amount of wealth would separate you from them?

Personally, I would chose A.

What would you do?

I would like to say that I would pick C, but it would honestly, probably be B.

Though I know a lot of people now living life on A - rich parents ey! :p:
Reply 10
Well, probably B - I'd be so addled on drugs and alcohol it would be quite impossible to do particularly well. :p:
id definately do my degree - then do a postgrad - then just stay in research but live a leisurely life
Reply 12
C. You can't just forsake a vocation.
C. No amount of money would stop me from doing what I enjoy with the rigour I normally would put in :smile:
Reply 14
Even if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd keep at my studies. It would just relieve me of any money worries, and get me a whole load of sweet punani action.
Definitely C

Even if I suddenly become wealthy I can still see myself being a decrepit old professor locked away in a tiny study just reading about maths. It's just so great!
C

although I'd probably never get a real job ;P
I like both. I enjoy excelling in a subject but with a good future earning potential.
Reply 18
probably C, with a twinge of B, I definitely couldn't live without something to keep my mind busy, but it'd be hard to be seriously motivated in the hard times if I know i had a massive pile of cash sitting at the bank....
Reply 19
continue at university, wouldn't do as well though.

Latest

Trending

Trending