Turn on thread page Beta

definitely C and I would work my socks off because I love my chosen degree

ReputationRep:
    C

ReputationRep:
    Let's remember that academia does not equate to wealth. Granted, getting a good education should get you a stable, respected and well paid career, but it is very unlikely to make the mega bux. That's in fields such as marketing/business/advertising and trading. w00t.

ReputationRep:
    I might change my degree, but I would like to continue studying.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably do 'c' but I'd change my course to Development Studies or Peace Studies and I'd then use the wealth after my degree to do something productive, like setting up a charity.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with C definately as i'm passionate about what i want to study at university. Wealth would help make that easier to achieve in a sense.

ReputationRep:
    C, maybe a bit of B hard to tell.

Ultimately, in the long term, happiness doesn't come from money but a sense of purpose and fulfilment.

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose B, because I like being at uni, just not the work that comes with it

ReputationRep:
    I say I'd give medicine up, but I don't think I would. I reckon I'd carry on but probably be less worried about failing and therefore try less hard.

ReputationRep:
    Maths is awesome. Money wouldn't be enough to get me away from it, and I don't work that hard as it is, so I'd lump for option C.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.