Single guy aged 17

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,
So I am a single guy aged 17 (18 in April) but I have never had a relationship with a girl. I have always got close with a few girls but nothing that I would class as a relationship. I would love to get into a relationship. I am also (besides the point of relationships) I am very horny as a guy at 17 like I guess you could say about the normal of everyone else. Like it is beyond me. Is this something I should go check at the doctors because I feel like the levels which I feel I am at is not normal. I know teens are genuinly horny but I am beyond it maybe its because I am a virgin and I am ready to try it but I just cant get s*x but I just don't know how to change this because I can't get into relationships or just in general. if anyone has any advice please let me know as I would love to find out what I can do to fix this.
imaanviolin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey what you're feeling sounds really normal. I'm a girl (16) with really super strict parents who would probably throw up if they saw me in an 'unseemly embrace' with a boy!! What do you mean you can't get into a relationship? Could you be more specific? Also, if you want to get into a relationship, maybe try more parties? It's probably really hard to do anything about this right now, but from September you could try perhaps? Girls seem to like a lot of attention, so I would say hang around girls who you might be interested in and take it from there. One point: don't be pushy...it seems really weird but if a guy seems openly NOT into a girl whilst being really involved with their friendship group etc the girl honestly ends up trying to get you to like her!!! Don't know why, just kinda happens that way. So try hang out more, be more dedicated and live up to your virtues as best you can. That will really give you self confidence and help deal with your hormones. Maybe see a doctor if you feel thi would give you peace of mind?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
hmu
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
like my msg
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
like my msg
so ik who you are to msg
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imaanviolin)
Hey what you're feeling sounds really normal. I'm a girl (16) with really super strict parents who would probably throw up if they saw me in an 'unseemly embrace' with a boy!! What do you mean you can't get into a relationship? Could you be more specific? Also, if you want to get into a relationship, maybe try more parties? It's probably really hard to do anything about this right now, but from September you could try perhaps? Girls seem to like a lot of attention, so I would say hang around girls who you might be interested in and take it from there. One point: don't be pushy...it seems really weird but if a guy seems openly NOT into a girl whilst being really involved with their friendship group etc the girl honestly ends up trying to get you to like her!!! Don't know why, just kinda happens that way. So try hang out more, be more dedicated and live up to your virtues as best you can. That will really give you self confidence and help deal with your hormones. Maybe see a doctor if you feel thi would give you peace of mind?
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. what I mean in I cant get into a relationship is that I would love too however I just cant like I just can't find the right girl to like me back if this makes sense and also regarding the parties, I don't really get invited to that many parties other than the same few that its usually only boys like my mates.
Nialler x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,
So I am a single guy aged 17 (18 in April) but I have never had a relationship with a girl. I have always got close with a few girls but nothing that I would class as a relationship. I would love to get into a relationship. I am also (besides the point of relationships) I am very horny as a guy at 17 like I guess you could say about the normal of everyone else. Like it is beyond me. Is this something I should go check at the doctors because I feel like the levels which I feel I am at is not normal. I know teens are genuinly horny but I am beyond it maybe its because I am a virgin and I am ready to try it but I just cant get s*x but I just don't know how to change this because I can't get into relationships or just in general. if anyone has any advice please let me know as I would love to find out what I can do to fix this.
The one advice that I give to everyone is that at the right time, the right person will come,
I'm a girl (17 yrs old) and i'm waiting for that right moment, it's all about waiting and being patient
This is all normal so dw, I feel the same way tbh
Anonymous #1
like my msg
just send a pm or something
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nialler x)
The one advice that I give to everyone is that at the right time, the right person will come,
I'm a girl (17 yrs old) and i'm waiting for that right moment, it's all about waiting and being patient
This is all normal so dw, I feel the same way tbh
Yh I do see that alot but idk I just feel like I want something now and also I know that im ready as well and I get being a horny teen I kinda want to go into the sexual aspect of losing my vaginity etc but I know everyones response is you will get it when ur ready but I am ready its just that I cant get no girls
Nialler x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yh I do see that alot but idk I just feel like I want something now and also I know that im ready as well and I get being a horny teen I kinda want to go into the sexual aspect of losing my vaginity etc but I know everyones response is you will get it when ur ready but I am ready its just that I cant get no girls
That's literally me
imaanviolin
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. what I mean in I cant get into a relationship is that I would love too however I just cant like I just can't find the right girl to like me back if this makes sense and also regarding the parties, I don't really get invited to that many parties other than the same few that its usually only boys like my mates.
Hey don't worry, glad I could help in some way! I think the key to getting someone to like you back is being attentive towards them and their feelings and really finding someone who you are compatible with. Are you looking for a serious relationship?
RealLifeJoker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m 25, still never had a girlfriend and never had sex. I know it’s difficult because at the exact same age you are now, it’s one of the most difficult times. You’ll feel like that everyone hates you, everyone is judging and every girl thinks you’re ugly and undateable. It took me years to get over all of all but I still suffer from low self-confidence when it comes to talking to girls, approaching girls, etc.

I don’t want you to make the same mistake as I did and become bitter and angry at the world. The best advice I could give you is focussing on your career (education or employment). If you’re really that desperate than I suggest you to some boxing or incest in a dating coach.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,
I'm a single guy aged 17 too. Had a girlfriend for the whole of year 11 but there was no physical aspect. She later admitted that she only found my personality attractive, which obviously hurts a little but I don't resent spending time with her. As far as I'm aware, nobody's ever found me physically attractive, but I've come to terms with that and quickly learned just to get on with things. I have plenty of interests and hobbies, a decent friend group (including girls) and actually quite enjoy life. Just do things that you find fun, preferably involving people you haven't met before. I'm ready for an intimate relationship, but I also know that it's not gonna be with any girl from 6th form, so I will have to step out of my comfort zone if I want to increase my chances. However, I doubt I will radically alter my own life before uni, where there will be a much higher chances of meeting somebody who doesn't think I look disgusting.
Either get out and find people, or just wait.
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RealLifeJoker)
I’m 25, still never had a girlfriend and never had sex. I know it’s difficult because at the exact same age you are now, it’s one of the most difficult times. You’ll feel like that everyone hates you, everyone is judging and every girl thinks you’re ugly and undateable. It took me years to get over all of all but I still suffer from low self-confidence when it comes to talking to girls, approaching girls, etc.

I don’t want you to make the same mistake as I did and become bitter and angry at the world. The best advice I could give you is focussing on your career (education or employment). If you’re really that desperate than I suggest you to some boxing or incest in a dating coach.
I like the introspection in your reply. It's good advice too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by imaanviolin)
Hey don't worry, glad I could help in some way! I think the key to getting someone to like you back is being attentive towards them and their feelings and really finding someone who you are compatible with. Are you looking for a serious relationship?
erm well ive never really had a "serious relationship" nor a general relationship to be honest with you but I just want to get close with a girl/girls to have that relationship if you get where im coming from. I just want to experience the sexual feeling if this makes sense and not weird.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,
It’s super normal majority of teenagers are all the same, you’re not alone, maybe try tinder or just talking to a few girls and hooking up. I don’t know whether that’s out of your comfortability with you being a virgin but you could always start talking to girls, be more confident and see where it takes you.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hmu
like my msg
so ik who you are to msg
just send a pm or something
And here we can observe two anons failing to understand how T.S.R. works
Anonymous #1
Hey,
It’s super normal majority of teenagers are all the same, you’re not alone, maybe try tinder or just talking to a few girls and hooking up. I don’t know whether that’s out of your comfortability with you being a virgin but you could always start talking to girls, be more confident and see where it takes you.
The thing with that is im only 17 would they not mind that?
imaanviolin
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
erm well ive never really had a "serious relationship" nor a general relationship to be honest with you but I just want to get close with a girl/girls to have that relationship if you get where im coming from. I just want to experience the sexual feeling if this makes sense and not weird.
I think I understand...you're looking for a relationship that will quickly become something more 😉.ok I would suggest that you do interact as much as possible with a really open mind and wide circle to find your type. These things are actually quite hard to get right and you'll generally realise you wanted something different when you get what you were originally looking for!! But if you can get to more parties that will really help I should think. I've never been to a party before but my friends seem to find it's the best way to meet new peeps.
Anonymous #5
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,
Relationships don't revolve around sex, unfortunately. If you date a girl and they find out that you're just in it for the sex, she will not be happy at all. I know that a lot of people say guys tend to think with their d*cks at this age, but this is usually what puts girl off (unless the girl is just in it for the sex too). You should be in a relationship that potentially involves sex, but mostly just enjoying spending time with each other. I've dated my boyfriend for around 8 months and we haven't had sex at all yet - not a flex, but just proof that relationships at this age don't require sex.

Wdym you can't get into a relationship? What's stopping you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (67)
41.61%
Take autumn exams (54)
33.54%
Look for a job (4)
2.48%
Consider an apprenticeship (5)
3.11%
Take a year out (22)
13.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.59%

Watched Threads