?
Report 10 years ago
Im going next month, i havent booked a place for tomorrow
athamas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ill be there... .apparently its in the nuffield/great hall this year!
HocusPocus
Report 10 years ago
my girlfriend is going tomorrow
gee_shakedown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just got back.
What did everyone think about it?
luke88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gee_shakedown)
Just got back.
What did everyone think about it?
What did you think?
gee_shakedown
Rep:
?
(Original post by luke88)
What did you think?
It's going to be my insurance I think. I liked it alot better than the other universities I've been to (except Warwick) It had a pretty nice atmosphere, and everyone seemed really helpful. The lectures were really quite informative too, especially the UCAS one.
I thought the newer accomodation was really nice, and the campus itself was good especially the large amount of greenery.
I didn't get a chance to go into Lancaster city itself, which was abit of a shame, but if I get an offer I'll definately come and have another look.
All in all, definately worth the 3 hours there and another 3 back :yep:
luke88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's going to be my insurance I think. I liked it alot better than the other universities I've been to (except Warwick) It had a pretty nice atmosphere, and everyone seemed really helpful. The lectures were really quite informative too, especially the UCAS one.
I thought the newer accomodation was really nice, and the campus itself was good especially the large amount of greenery.
I didn't get a chance to go into Lancaster city itself, which was abit of a shame, but if I get an offer I'll definately come and have another look.
All in all, definately worth the 3 hours there and another 3 back :yep:
That's positive to hear, glad you liked it.

I reckon our nightlife will be a million times better than Warwick... :p: which should be taken into consideration and there's no stuck up people here which I bet there will be at Warwick.

Shame it wasn't a sunny day, the campus looks well nice.

Definitley take another visit.
miranda7719
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by luke88)
That's positive to hear, glad you liked it.

I reckon our nightlife will be a million times better than Warwick... :p: which should be taken into consideration and there's no stuck up people here which I bet there will be at Warwick.

Shame it wasn't a sunny day, the campus looks well nice.

Definitley take another visit.
if you're looking for good nightlife i wouldn't recoment lancaster
have you ever been into the town?
i'd advise looking at bigger cities like manchester, sheffield and liverpool
luke88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by miranda7719)
if you're looking for good nightlife i wouldn't recoment lancaster
have you ever been into the town?
i'd advise looking at bigger cities like manchester, sheffield and liverpool
Erm........ I go to Lancaster.... for the size of the city, it's pretty good and I have been clubbing since I was 16. It isn't bad at all, lots of choice.

Compared to Warwick, I can confidently say Lancaster will be better in terms of night life.

As for the bigger cities, Manchester is only a train away.
gee_shakedown
Rep:
?
I'm not overly fussed about the nightlife, as long as it's not completely dead then it's all good. (Anything is better than Malvern)
Have to agree that the weather sucked The rain made my hair become progressively more ... alive. By the time I left it had a scary amount of volume
GlitterGlue
Report 10 years ago
I've stayed over at Lancaster during the term-time.

It's fantastic.

Fact.
LaurenFah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not overly fussed about the nightlife, as long as it's not completely dead then it's all good. (Anything is better than Malvern)
Have to agree that the weather sucked The rain made my hair become progressively more ... alive. By the time I left it had a scary amount of volume
That's what happened to me last year when I visited. I visited once when it was rainy, and was like "um... its ok" (as I walked out with a semi-afro).

So I visited again and it was a much sunnier day, and I can honestly say I fell in love with Lancaster, and still love it now :suith:
zooeyj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It rains about 70% of the time in Lancaster!
gee_shakedown
Rep:
?
(Original post by zooeyj)
It rains about 70% of the time in Lancaster!
One of the helpers told me it rains nearly every day there, I was very glad I took my leopard print umbrella, although I did get a few weird looks :cool:
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL, everybody looks like that all the time! You get used to it. Or get it cut short...
I have to say, if you can't cope with rain, it's not the best place to be. But we love it anyway.
athamas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its not that bad on the rain front...

scan did an article a while back about how often people though it rained, compared to how much it actually did...

suffice to say we are a pesemistic bunch and it did not rain as much as we thought it did!
zooeyj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay, it just rains at all the inconvienient times!
Jengerbil89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saw a load of people stood at the bus stop by the train station in Lancaster as I went to work.. I wanted to go with them

I went to my first open day when the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and that definately swayed me towards picking it
luke88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's just a piss take when it rains when walking from South West cause you get soaked.

But I don't think it rains anywhere near as much as we are led to believe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1047)
79.02%
Leave (278)
20.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise