Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So, I'm interested in trying contact lenses so I've been doing a load of research on prices etc & it seems to me that specsavers are the most cheapest, they have lenses for £8/£10 a month including solution that I'm interested in trying on lensmail scheme. But then I've seen the prices of the same contact lenses in Asda for like £6.75 but I don't know about their solution prices. I'm not interested in buying any lenses online it would have to be in store somewhere so please don't suggest that. Has anyone had any experience buying lenses from Asda opticians? Ty xxxx
Blackbeardos
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
COVID-19 not a good idea to wear lenses at the moment. As well the cheap lenses you looked at, are most probably gonna feel quite uncomfortable and gritty when you wear them.
I work as an optical assistant and would recommend you to keep wearing glasses for the time being.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So, I'm interested in trying contact lenses so I've been doing a load of research on prices etc & it seems to me that specsavers are the most cheapest, they have lenses for £8/£10 a month including solution that I'm interested in trying on lensmail scheme. But then I've seen the prices of the same contact lenses in Asda for like £6.75 but I don't know about their solution prices. I'm not interested in buying any lenses online it would have to be in store somewhere so please don't suggest that. Has anyone had any experience buying lenses from Asda opticians? Ty xxxx
I always find it funny when people say they’ll pay for an eye test and buy glasses online ‘because it’s cheaper.’
An eye exam where I work is £22. For £25 you get a free eye test, pretty nice frames, standard single vision lenses with scratch resistance, possible same day service, and you get to actually try the glasses on to see if they fit/ can be adjusted to fit. It’s essentially £3 more to get a pair of glasses on the same day, fitted by a professional.
(If you need thinner lenses/high rx/ varifocals, it’s really not recommended to get them online but it’s your money so 🤷🏽*♀️)
Joe Frazier
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I always find it funny when people say they’ll pay for an eye test and buy glasses online ‘because it’s cheaper.’
An eye exam where I work is £22. For £25 you get a free eye test, pretty nice frames, standard single vision lenses with scratch resistance, possible same day service, and you get to actually try the glasses on to see if they fit/ can be adjusted to fit. It’s essentially £3 more to get a pair of glasses on the same day, fitted by a professional.
(If you need thinner lenses/high rx/ varifocals, it’s really not recommended to get them online but it’s your money so 🤷🏽*♀️)
OP didn’t mention glasses at all. Did you actually read what they wrote?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Joe Frazier)
OP didn’t mention glasses at all. Did you actually read what they wrote?
Of course I read what was written, that's why I left the review I did, I thought it would help.
Joe Frazier
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Personally I wouldn’t be overly concerned about prices and more the standard of service in general. Multiples such as Specsavers, Asda and VE are mainly concerned with sales and not the customer experience. If you want to have an easy and friendly experience, perhaps try an independent.

But between the two, definitely Asda. Did you not see the recent video circulating on social media filmed by a Specsavers store director? It showed the company completely breaking the General Optical Council’s rules by boasting about seeing people for routine eye care during in the middle of lockdown! On top of this, the guy filming it flipped the camera round to show his screen with patients’ personal details on... They’re now being investigated by the governing body, so probably not the best people to trust.
Joe Frazier
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Of course I read what was written, that's why I left the review I did, I thought it would help.
The OP directly said they didn’t want to go online, yet you decided to explain all about how buying things in store is better value. I’m not sure why you thought what you wrote would be helpful when you didn’t even answer the question asked? It was almost like you pasted an answer in that had no link other than matching the subject matter.
And why on earth are you anonymous?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Joe Frazier)
The OP directly said they didn’t want to go online, yet you decided to explain all about how buying things in store is better value. I’m not sure why you thought what you wrote would be helpful when you didn’t even answer the question asked? It was almost like you pasted an answer in that had no link other than matching the subject matter.
And why on earth are you anonymous?
OK, whatever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (128)
42.95%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.1%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (119)
39.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
2.01%

Watched Threads