Turn on thread page Beta

An ethical situation- would you date a person from a different culture? watch

ReputationRep:
    Lots of older generations stick by old biast views that individuals from a different culture or background arne't as clever or "GOOD" as us and should get out of our country. Frankly, I detest that viewpoint because I love places that have diversity because diversity is what makes the world an exciting place.

Have your say!

Q) Would you date a person from a different race or culture even though your parents aren't happy with that?

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah

ReputationRep:
    nope, maybe that sara from the apprentice though

ReputationRep:
    For me, it wouldn't be the fact about them being 'clever' or 'good' enough, it's the cultural barriers that would be the issue. Say I met someone who was from an extremely religious culture and followed that culture by the book. As a non-religious person, I could imagine finding it quite hard to be with someone like that.

However, to answer your question in a way. If I really liked someone, my parents' view on them wouldn't sway me.

ReputationRep:
    I already do. It's great!

ReputationRep:
    My parents wouldn't be unhappy with that but yeah if I liked them then yes

ReputationRep:
    My parents would probably be ecstatic.

I remember my granny saying she wanted some more 'exotic' great grandchildren, so we should all marry people who aren't just white british.

But yes, I would, although as armageddonbride said, it might be difficult to deal with extreme differences in culture/religion.

ReputationRep:
    What a completely idiotic thread.

ReputationRep:
    my parents wouldn't really notice that about them
    my grandma's kind of old fashioned
    she woul probably say some terrible things
    but I would, yes

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    i prefer to

ReputationRep:
    damn straight i would, in fact, i dont think ive ever liked someone my own race...

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind dating someone who's a different race, but from a different culture it would depend. I mean I'd prefer to date someone who has a relatively similar perspective on things to me.

ReputationRep:
    damn right i would

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but my parents would probably outcast me from the entire family and alot of my relatives would also not communicate with me but so be it if I love the person.

ReputationRep:
    I would and I do!

Tbh, the parents would probably be more annoyed about the whole 'me being gay' thing. Can't wait to drop that bombshell on them waheeeey!!

ReputationRep:
    What has ethics got to do with anything? :confused:
    I would date anyone who wished to date me, if I was attracted to them (the WHOLE them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by easy_lemon)
    Tbh, the parents would probably be more annoyed about the whole 'me being gay' thing. Can't wait to drop that bombshell on them waheeeey!!
    Hehe :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    Hehe :ditto:

:five:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.