Which type(s) of engineering suits me most?

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to apply for engineering. Here is my condition:
1. Quite passionate and good at Physics, and learning about smart city.
2. Aviation geek, often reads about how planes work.
3. Completed big data and smart city short courses in 2019, and currently taking edx course on renewable energy. Looking at an edx course on smart city/aviation, and will start next week, as my school started summer holidays early.
Last edited by 8013; 3 weeks ago
AdamParkinson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I spent over 3 years studying marine engineering and am now qualified as a third engineer to sail on any vessel in the world, if you want to do something just go for it, try not think to much into it because whichever engineering path you choose they are all very very similar and you can least change at some point in the future. For example I can work at sea right now but I’m choosing to go to university for a couple years to get a degree in marine engineering and open more doors for possible job opportunities in the future, good luck with the aviation side, I’m sure you will love it!!!
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I just started a mechanics course for engineering on edx. Do you think it will boost my application?
Based on what I have described above, I think I am a suitable candidate for aerospace/communication and transmission.
Alonso376
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 8013)
I want to apply for engineering. Here is my condition:
1. Quite passionate and good at Physics, and learning about smart city.
2. Aviation geek, often reads about how planes work.
3. Completed big data and smart city short courses in 2019, and currently taking edx course on renewable energy. Looking at an edx course on smart city/aviation, and will start next week, as my school started summer holidays early.
Think about what you're suggesting very carefully mate. You have a 40 year career ahead of you. Smart city, just forget it 😂. Aviation, the glory days of that is well past. Its an industry constantly struggling. Renewable energy? Come on. You can do so much better. Trust me, I'm a 39 year old engineering manager. Get into Construction. Design engineer, project manager etc. Big salaries out there. Twice the pay and construction will never not be needed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (70)
40%
Take autumn exams (59)
33.71%
Look for a job (5)
2.86%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.43%
Take a year out (24)
13.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
6.29%

Watched Threads