samakh123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am coming to the problem of having to choose which engineering to study at University. Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. I love them both but I feel jobs for mechanical are less. I saw a course at imperial for Mechanical and Nuclear engineering and would love that. Truth is, i want to build an Iron Man suit and innovate like Elon Musk.I would love for advice on what to doThank Yu
Madinaahmed08
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya, it depends if you wanna work on the actual thing/project/product you're making or if you wanna work with the systems in that thing. For example, if I had a project of working on a car then mechanical engineering would be related to the engine, clutch, gears etc. Whereas, electrical would be related to the actual power going into the car and how the power moves around the car. A better example would be an aircraft where if you was to do electrical engineering you'd work mainly with the cockpit and how it powers the aircraft rather than working on the engines, fuselage, wings which is mechanical engineering. Or you could think in terms of physics, whether you like problems which include stress, loads, forces which is mechanical or whether you like circuits, voltages, resistance, power which relates to electrical. Hope that didn't sound too confusing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.85%
Confident (14)
8.48%
Indifferent (16)
9.7%
Unsure (40)
24.24%
Worried (87)
52.73%

Watched Threads