Can you turn down an insurance offer in favour of clearing on results day

Watch
Owen_Scott
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi!I don't want to go to my insurance offer for uni, as I have realised it is not the university for me. If I don't get the grades for my firm, which I really like, but instead get the grades for my insurance, is there a way that I can reject my insurance offer and enter clearing, preferably as soon as possible? Thank you
2500_2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Owen_Scott)
Hi!I don't want to go to my insurance offer for uni, as I have realised it is not the university for me. If I don't get the grades for my firm, which I really like, but instead get the grades for my insurance, is there a way that I can reject my insurance offer and enter clearing, preferably as soon as possible? Thank you
Yes, you can self-release into clearing at any point.
The most important thing will be for you to confirm first with your firm whether they will give you a place if you've slightly missed your grades.
Owen_Scott
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2500_2)
Yes, you can self-release into clearing at any point.
The most important thing will be for you to confirm first with your firm whether they will give you a place if you've slightly missed your grades.
Okay, thanks so much!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Owen_Scott)
You can

But there’s still time to change your reply from insurance to decline if you ring UCAS and the insurance university on Monday.

There can be delays on results day - you can only decline your place if your insurance has switched your offer to unconditional and not all universities are quick enough to sort that out by results day. That could delay you by a day or so in getting into clearing. Sorting it out now is a better option
Owen_Scott
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You can

But there’s still time to change your reply from insurance to decline if you ring UCAS and the insurance university on Monday.

There can be delays on results day - you can only decline your place if your insurance has switched your offer to unconditional and not all universities are quick enough to sort that out by results day. That could delay you by a day or so in getting into clearing. Sorting it out now is a better option
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (80)
38.28%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.97%
Look for a job (6)
2.87%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.35%
Take a year out (32)
15.31%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed