tiger.stripe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

My household income was quite high so I was only entitled to one of the lowest maintenance loan amounts, but my dad has just been made redundant so obviously my household income is going to change significantly and my parents won't be able to help me out as much financially. Is there a way to have my household income reassessed now that my dad is unemployed?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tiger.stripe)
Hi,

My household income was quite high so I was only entitled to one of the lowest maintenance loan amounts, but my dad has just been made redundant so obviously my household income is going to change significantly and my parents won't be able to help me out as much financially. Is there a way to have my household income reassessed now that my dad is unemployed?
Your parents need to provide their old income information for 2018/19 tax year first.
Then they need to complete a CYI form with estimated income for the 2020/21 tax year. If the CYI form is 15% lower than previous income then sfe will reassess based on the CYI form information.

The forms are available here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...i/2020-to-2021
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (138)
14.39%
I'm not sure (42)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (288)
30.03%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (466)
48.59%

Watched Threads