Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering whether my GCSEs are good enough if I want to get into Dentistry.
    Could someone pelase tell me what my chances are?

Thanks.

Maths - A*
    Philosophy - A*
    RS - A*
    Core Science - A
    Additional Science - A
    Statistics - A
    Spanish - A
    English Literature - A
    English Language - B
    Music - B
    ICT - B

ReputationRep:
    I thought dentistry didn't care about GCSE's, only what came next? Or is it that the scottish unis dont care about Standard grades?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure either but i'm hoping to do it with the results below.

ReputationRep:
    Dentistry do care about GCSE's, at least most/some uni's do.

It is best to check the entry requirements of the uni's you intent o apply to, because when i was applying, some uni's required an A for GCSE at english language, so I wouldn't waste an option applying there, and some require 5A's (which you have).

When it's time for you to apply, check the entry requirements. But, your GCSE's are really good, and you shouldn't have any manjor issues at all (I think). Focus on your AS's now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evolin)
    Dentistry do care about GCSE's, at least most/some uni's do.

It is best to check the entry requirements of the uni's you intent o apply to, because when i was applying, some uni's required an A for GCSE at english language, so I wouldn't waste an option applying there, and some require 5A's (which you have).

When it's time for you to apply, check the entry requirements. But, your GCSE's are really good, and you shouldn't have any manjor issues at all (I think). Focus on your AS's now.
    Ah okay, thank you for the advise. Does it make a difference between the A levels you choose? Like currently I've picked to do Maths, chemistry, biology and ICT for my A levels, but if I sawpped ICT for Spanish, would that make a difference. Is there a particular subject that Denistry likes to have besides Maths, chemistry and biology?

ReputationRep:
    OFCROUSE they are fine. They are more than fine!

ReputationRep:
    They're good.

ReputationRep:
    lol this is a pointless thread, they are absolutely fine, if you had done the research of entry requirements using the university websites/prospectuses you would have saved yourself starting this thread anyways stop worrying and concentrate on your a-levels

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSE's are fine but I heard that you need a lot of imagination...

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSE's are really good, don't see why you are worrying. Btw GCSE's are very important since most people who apply have grades of atleast AAB or are predicted this, so obviously the next thing down that unis will look at will be your GCSE's and ofcourse other things like the UKcat test, work experience, references etc.
    Good luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapha)
    Your GCSE's are fine but I heard that you need a lot of imagination...
    Why the imagination? :no:

ReputationRep:
    They care more a bout common sense and you certainly don´t have any; You could do any degree you want with those grades FFS!!! I am so fed up with am I good enough for..... threads its unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    Lol!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 27, 2008

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.