mrouth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,
I am really confused between two Universities, one is University of Leeds (MA Design) and another one Loughborough University (MA User experience design). University of Leeds has a higher ranking than Loughborough but the course content in Loughborough is better. Should I go by University ranking or course content?. I would like to know which one would be better for design and also interms of employment.
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mrouth)
Hi everyone,
I am really confused between two Universities, one is University of Leeds (MA Design) and another one Loughborough University (MA User experience design). University of Leeds has a higher ranking than Loughborough but the course content in Loughborough is better. Should I go by University ranking or course content?. I would like to know which one would be better for design and also interms of employment.
Hey! I had this sort of experience with another subject. I would try and get onto a Virtual Open Day or real life open day (once things are back to normal and see which you prefer. I never took rankings into consideration but personal preference is very key.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Look at other aspects as well, like social opportunities, location, accommodation, and think about where you would actually like to study. I would suggest that the actual course is more important than actual reputation, as that's what you're going to be engaged with for at least 3 years.
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mrouth)
Hi everyone,
Hi mrouth,

Ultimately you are going to university for a course and this is even more prominent at a Master's level. If the course content is suited to your needs better at one over the other than this would be my recommendation, although we are biased on this.

I think the advice given above is really useful and something you should consider too, although obviously view it from a postgraduate perspective as you want to make the most out of your year of study wherever you go, whilst succeeding academically. We have our postgraduate virtual visit days here, that you should still be able to get access to the content for. If you have any problem with that drop us a PM. There is also an event running on August 5th that you can join here.

Loughborough Design School is committed to helping you develop the skills and attributes you need to progress successfully in your chosen career and we have had graduates go on to be successful in their field at big name companies.

Drop us a PM if you have any specific questions.
Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (3)
12.5%
Better than expected (7)
29.17%
Worse than expected (14)
58.33%

Watched Threads